The "Stereo Memory Man w/ Hazarai" Lounge

Fender&EHX4ever

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

i think from hence forth the EHX stereo memory man with hazarai should be referred to as S2MH, because firstly it has 2 words that begin with 'm', the 2 acts as a multiplier of the letter the immediately following it. secondly the 'm' followed by the 'h' could also mean musical heaven, thus S2MH could also mean 'super magical musical heaven' because of its glorious tones. thirdly and most important for this naming convention, if you squint your eyes while looking at the 's' and the '2' it creates a heart symbol, which as everyone knows is the international symbol for love and you love your stereo memory man with hazarai don't you?

so in summation S2MH is what they pedal should be referred to as or you are not cool poke.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by SpectralJulian View Post
I just got it. It can do some really freaky things that I've never heard a delay do before.

The 300 ms + modulation is sick, as is 1 sec echo plus reverse.

You guys that are into anything psychadelic are gonna love this.

on 300 ms + modulation you can get this really {censored}ing weird pitch pirate like effect. Like a flange/phase/chorus/vibrato all in one. REALLY AWESOME.
I just got home and started in with the 300ms + mod setting. I wasn't expecting all of this modulation to be included. The flange and chorus sound a lot like the PolyChorus flange and chorus. The rise and fall pitch-shifting setting is really etheriel. I'm gonna start playing into my Fostex MR8 and try to get some clips and settings posted by tomorrow. This thing is incredibly versatile, and I feel like I haven't even scratched the surface. freak.gif

• Members

Here's a clip with SMMH's pitch-bending-modulation-played-as-volume-swells-looped with reverse notes overlaid:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...songID=5777328

Volume swells looped

Blend: 12:00
Decay: minimum
Filter: maxed
Repeats: maxed
Delay: maxed
Hazarai: 300 mS + Mod

Reverse notes

Blend: maxed
Decay: 9:00
Filter: 3:00