What's in the mail??

Crxsh

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
earthquaker dirt transmitter

and my echomate rehoused into a wooden box by john at basic audio. should look something like this when its all done, but with four cupcake type knobs along the top.

brown-source.jpg

Looks fantastic.

The only way that could be improved is if the knob labels were chiselled into it....or is that asking too much?

• Members

Haha, not really. Not even a big radiohead fan. I'm trying my luck with a solid state amp and I figured this was probably the one mose likely to keep it's value if I decide to flip it.

Plus, I think Greenwood's is actually a Deluxe 85 not a Studio 85, and this little baby get's an overall rating of 9.3 on the HC review sections.

I figure it's as good as any to try.

I'm really excited actually, the reverb is supposed to be phenomenal.

• Members

Haha, not really. Not even a big radiohead fan. I'm trying my luck with a solid state amp and I figured this was probably the one mose likely to keep it's value if I decide to flip it.

Plus, I think Greenwood's is actually a Deluxe 85 not a Studio 85, and this little baby get's an overall rating of 9.3 on the HC review sections.

I figure it's as good as any to try.

I'm really excited actually, the reverb is supposed to be phenomenal.

As I've found out recently, older Fender SS combos are considered the bee's knees among solid states. Up there with Jazz Choruses in terms of cleans.

Congrats!

• Members
As I've found out recently, older Fender SS combos are considered the bee's knees among solid states. Up there with Jazz Choruses in terms of cleans.

Congrats!

Cheers dude. That's what I heard too. I'll see how I like it,but if it gets a little farty at higher volumes I might put some kind of super powered speaker in it, like a Hot 100 or something. We'll see, it may not be necessary.

What did you get, Anti? Was it a Princeton 112? I did have a good offer on one of those too, but it would have meant a 2 hour train journey each way to collect :(

• Members
Cheers dude. That's what I heard too. I'll see how I like it,but if it gets a little farty at higher volumes I might put some kind of super powered speaker in it, like a Hot 100 or something. We'll see, it may not be necessary.

What did you get, Anti? Was it a Princeton 112? I did have a good offer on one of those too, but it would have meant a 2 hour train journey each way to collect
:(

I have a Princeton 65 coming my way. A fellow forumite made a trade with me for one in good condition.

As far as speakers go, a new one certainly wouldn't hurt. Budget speakers are never that great - I'd imagine a nicer speaker would make them sound even better. I'm going to see how the Princeton is stock, and see what mods I'll do to it.

And yes - two hours one way would be a bit excessive for a sub-$200 amp. It seems like it worked out nicely for you in the end though. :thu:

Archived