What's in the mail??

Crxsh

• Members
I got this due to me on Tuesday. So excited. Stereo rig here I come!

amp1.jpg

amp2.jpg

I used one of those at a gig a month or so ago. I was drafted in last minute and this was the amp I had to use.

It was great. I put some pedal dirt though it and it sounded really {censored}ing good. I was suprised.

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
lol, no problem. I think they sound great......they look really nice too.
:thu:

Have you ever thought about making one with a 12ax7 sticking out of the top....or is that a whole other ball game?

Thanks. There should be a few forumites getting theirs in the mail today - I know one has already gotten theirs today.

I've thought about it, and probably will make a tube one up eventually. It is a different ballgame, but it is possible and I've seen some basic schematics for them.

However, it would not only raise costs quite a bit, but power consumption as well. It would basically make the amp require a power supply at all times. With the normal Mini-Amps, the battery lasts about 3 months with normal use pushing a 4x12. However, if you're just using it for practice at home with a cabinet anyway, it's not like a power supply matters. I could probably get away with a smaller enclosure as well since there wouldn't need to be room for the battery. :idk:

It's definitely something I'm looking into. You never know. I may just order a few extra parts with the next batch of Mini-Amps and throw something together. ;)

• Members

It's definitely something I'm looking into. You never know. I may just order a few extra parts with the next batch of Mini-Amps and throw something together.
;)

it might be worth trying it, people love that tube tone! (don't forget to put a super bright orange led under it to it too) ;)

• Members
it might be worth trying it, people love that tube tone! (don't forget to put a super bright orange led under it to it too)
;)

:lol:

No, I'm talking about a real 1w Tube amp that can fit in your pocket.

I have some plans for other stuff as well, so watch the Spam thread in the next few weeks. :D

• Members
Thanks. There should be a few forumites getting theirs in the mail today - I know one has already gotten theirs today.

I've thought about it, and probably will make a tube one up eventually. It is a different ballgame, but it is possible and I've seen some basic schematics for them.

However, it would not only raise costs quite a bit, but power consumption as well. It would basically make the amp require a power supply at all times. With the normal Mini-Amps, the battery lasts about 3 months with normal use pushing a 4x12. However, if you're just using it for practice at home with a cabinet anyway, it's not like a power supply matters. I could probably get away with a smaller enclosure as well since there wouldn't need to be room for the battery.
:idk:

It's definitely something I'm looking into. You never know. I may just order a few extra parts with the next batch of Mini-Amps and throw something together.
;)

It's worth it.

People will definitely pay good money for something like that...Look at the zvex Nano.

If there was a comparable product at 1/4 the cost, they'd sell like gradma's 'nanner puddin.

• Members
I thought the cricket wasn't finished yet?

It's not.

As for it being worth it, I know it is. Not just because people will buy them, but because it's just cool. Teeny-tiny-tube amp. :lol:

I'll get one together - probably the same type of simple amp as the Mini Amps - maybe with a Master Volume depending on enclosure space....

• Members
It's not.

As for it being worth it, I know it is. Not just because people will buy them, but because it's just cool. Teeny-tiny-tube amp.
:lol:

I'll get one together - probably the same type of simple amp as the Mini Amps - maybe with a Master Volume depending on enclosure space....

they would look awesome with these.

http://www.banzaieffects.com/Gold-tube-cage-pr-20588.html

• Members

Still waiting on my Holiest Grail. I'm super-excited about this one. I have reverb on the Orange but it's only so-so and I don't have a footswitch for it. This pedal is gonna give me so many more options.

Unfortunately, there isn't any space for it on the board. I need to sell my JB and Jazz (neck) to fund a new board and power supply.

Archived