Post The Best Thing You've Seen On The Internet Today - Part III

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by MrChrisos

View Post

Ah I love Herzog. Although anything by him now makes me think of this:

That was great, though a little overemphasized.

He narrated the ending of a Family Guy episode a while back, best thing ever to happen on that show. I nearly died laughing.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Draper

View Post

Old but still great

Herzog kills me -- with extreme gravitas he asks the scientist if he's ever seen an insane penguin. The pause before the scientist answers is hilarious. I'm sure he was thinking, WTF?

Deranged penguin -- great name for a band.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Snufkino

View Post

I've never even been a fan of Superman at all, and that trailer milks every moment of saccharine and melodrama from the film and smothers it in sadface-but-then-uplifting chanting music, but I am so excite. icon_lol.gif

Without the John Williams trumpet that trailer means nothing to me.

• Members

"...Finally, one of the buffaloes decided that if he had to listen to "Sharp Dressed Man" one more goddamned time, he was going to kill everything that ever lived, and ZZ Top, too preoccupied with scanning the arena for the least fat denim-vested woman to impregnate, ignorantly played "Sharp Dressed Man." The buffalo lost his mind and started thrashing all over the stage like an anaphylactic Meat Loaf getting stabbed with an EpiPen in the middle of "Paradise by the Dashboard Light." Forgoing the small disaster that would have resulted from crushing the band's amplifiers, the buffalo decided to elevate the threat level to "{censored}ed beyond all hope" and smashed open the rattlesnake tanks.

Being born and raised in Texas (as they had taken several delightfully irresponsible steps to remind everyone), one might assume that ZZ Top had some idea of how to get a bunch of pissed-off rattlesnakes under control, presumably involving either a shotgun or flaming whiskey bottles, both of which were likely in ready supply. This was not the case.

Drummer Frank Beard (ironically, the only band member without the billowing facial hair of a roadhouse Gandalf) sagely suggested playing something soothing to try to calm the snakes, until, in a long overdue moment of clarity, they realized that this was a terrible idea that could never possibly work. So, the band heroically ran offstage, leaving the roadies to figure out how to corral a rampaging buffalo and a torrent of furious rattlesnakes without getting superkilled so completely that they turned to dust and disappeared from photographs."

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by H.R. Shove and Stuff

View Post

"...Finally, one of the buffaloes decided that if he had to listen to "Sharp Dressed Man" one more goddamned time, he was going to kill everything that ever lived, and ZZ Top, too preoccupied with scanning the arena for the least fat denim-vested woman to impregnate, ignorantly played "Sharp Dressed Man." The buffalo lost his mind and started thrashing all over the stage like an anaphylactic Meat Loaf getting stabbed with an EpiPen in the middle of "Paradise by the Dashboard Light." Forgoing the small disaster that would have resulted from crushing the band's amplifiers, the buffalo decided to elevate the threat level to "{censored}ed beyond all hope" and smashed open the rattlesnake tanks.

Being born and raised in Texas (as they had taken several delightfully irresponsible steps to remind everyone), one might assume that ZZ Top had some idea of how to get a bunch of pissed-off rattlesnakes under control, presumably involving either a shotgun or flaming whiskey bottles, both of which were likely in ready supply. This was not the case.

Drummer Frank Beard (ironically, the only band member without the billowing facial hair of a roadhouse Gandalf) sagely suggested playing something soothing to try to calm the snakes, until, in a long overdue moment of clarity, they realized that this was a terrible idea that could never possibly work. So, the band heroically ran offstage, leaving the roadies to figure out how to corral a rampaging buffalo and a torrent of furious rattlesnakes without getting superkilled so completely that they turned to dust and disappeared from photographs."

The rest of that article was pretty good too.

http://www.cracked.com/article_20147...ok-smooth.html

Archived