The Doom Room: HCFX Edition

• Replies 42.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by PunkRocker33133

View Post

Converge is awesome, and if you're still looking to come up to DC, I'm starting a project in the vein of Converge and I'm down to play with y'all

We're actually looking to book a show in DC on Nov 21st. Are you able to book at decent venues there?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by PunkRocker33133

View Post

Converge is awesome, and if you're still looking to come up to DC, I'm starting a project in the vein of Converge and I'm down to play with y'all

We're actually looking to book a show in DC on Nov 21st. Are you able to book at decent venues there?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by christianatl

View Post

Any good B'ham bands we should know about?

There are a lot of guys making good heavy music here right now but Stoned Cobra, Arclight, Gainer and Fake Tyrants generally draw decent crowds. There is this band called the Blackhole Kids that play a mix of crust punk and black metal but I'm not sure who all is into them... The Firehouse is a great place though with a really supportive group of people. When you play here I will make at least 10 people come with me.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by christianatl

View Post

Any good B'ham bands we should know about?

There are a lot of guys making good heavy music here right now but Stoned Cobra, Arclight, Gainer and Fake Tyrants generally draw decent crowds. There is this band called the Blackhole Kids that play a mix of crust punk and black metal but I'm not sure who all is into them... The Firehouse is a great place though with a really supportive group of people. When you play here I will make at least 10 people come with me.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by TheHarakiriEnd

View Post

I'll have to keep this one in mind. I've never got to play in Birmingham in all of my years of touring.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by TheHarakiriEnd

View Post

I'll have to keep this one in mind. I've never got to play in Birmingham in all of my years of touring.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by humancertainty

View Post

Please play here, the Tragic City would love to have you! I'll bring a bunch of people with me. If you do Stoned Cobra would be a really good band to play with. There is a whole new scene coming out of the Firehouse that I'm not that involved with but they bring a lot of people to shows. Tons of crusty hardcore punk stuff mixed with doom/black metal going on.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by humancertainty

View Post

Please play here, the Tragic City would love to have you! I'll bring a bunch of people with me. If you do Stoned Cobra would be a really good band to play with. There is a whole new scene coming out of the Firehouse that I'm not that involved with but they bring a lot of people to shows. Tons of crusty hardcore punk stuff mixed with doom/black metal going on.

• Members

Wow, Didn't know there was a Doom Room over here in FX!

Cool to know!

I play in Black Hole Caravan, a stoner/doom metal band based here in Houston. Link in Sig.

Here's my rig of doooom, pedal board first since this is the effects forum!

PedalBoard.jpg

Ibanez SF 420, Crate Power Block (great amp for pedal addicts, takes them like a champ IMO), Carvin 4x12.

WhiteSwanRig.jpg

• Members

Wow, Didn't know there was a Doom Room over here in FX!

Cool to know!

I play in Black Hole Caravan, a stoner/doom metal band based here in Houston. Link in Sig.

Here's my rig of doooom, pedal board first since this is the effects forum!

PedalBoard.jpg

Ibanez SF 420, Crate Power Block (great amp for pedal addicts, takes them like a champ IMO), Carvin 4x12.

WhiteSwanRig.jpg

Archived