The Doom Room: HCFX Edition

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by christianatl

View Post

Thanks for starting this thread.

I knew you'd like it! The Southern Lord thread got me thinking that we don't talk about this stuff enough here. So hopefully between all the interesting things we can find and share there will be a decent ongoing conversation revolving around heavy music.

Thanks everyone for posting so far! Any links to good interviews would be nice as well.

http://www.skyscrapermagazine.com/features/SunnO.html

wave.gif

• Replies 42.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

View Post

Thanks for starting this thread.

I knew you'd like it! The Southern Lord thread got me thinking that we don't talk about this stuff enough here. So hopefully between all the interesting things we can find and share there will be a decent ongoing conversation revolving around heavy music.

Thanks everyone for posting so far! Any links to good interviews would be nice as well.

http://www.skyscrapermagazine.com/features/SunnO.html

wave.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckNorris1982

View Post

Nah, Mare were pretty recent. Some point in the last 5 years anyway. They did this 5 track EP, then a couple of other random bits and then broke up. I savour these 5 songs because nobody does it like Mare

After lurking I signed up just to disagree with you!

This local band, my favorite local band (and honestly one of my favorite bands overall) Jument does a pretty good Mare-esque thing. They just released a demo, which is phenomenal, but have gone on a "hiatus" until the drummer gets back from Europe, if he does at all.

http://www.myspace.com/jumentband

• Members

'81 Les Paul Silverburst, Way Huge Green Rhino, CF Doomidrive, CF Pink Elephant, MXR Blue Box, Blackout Effectors Whetstone Phaser, EQD Hummingbird, Malekko E600B, Lava cables, '73 Sunn Model T, Orange 4x12.

The pedals are almost constantly evolving, but the ones listed are fairly standard.

Currently building a copper SG that was a factory incomplete.

Hey Christian, is that a Fuzzhugger 3 pedals in from the left on the bottom?

• Members

Digging that Hull clip and introduction to Jument. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckNorris1982

View Post

Nah, Mare were pretty recent. Some point in the last 5 years anyway. They did this 5 track EP, then a couple of other random bits and then broke up. I savour these 5 songs because nobody does it like Mare

I agree, that EP is one of my favourites. So devastating and beautiful.

Join hands and sing

Sing, sing, sing

When their horns are too loud

One day they'll send more

To drown me out

What other random bits have they done? Or is there anything else that Tyler has done besides the first The End recordings?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by adamthemute

View Post

What other random bits have they done? Or is there anything else that Tyler has done besides the first The End recordings?

Their Myspace had a few covers on it at some point just before they split up. Definitely a Melvins cover and maybe one or two others. They weren't a patch on the EP though, I wasn't into any of them at all.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by PunkRocker33133

View Post

since I can't figure out the embed, I just linked it, but this is my favorite doom riff even if they're not technically a doom band

Copy everything after the "=" sign in the address bar, and paste it between the "wrap [YOUTUBE] tags around selected text." In this case, "HrFt8GgFN3k".

Easy peasy. Love Converge, btw. I think you already know that. Axe To Fall is a fuggin' masterstroke.

• Members

View Post

Copy everything after the "=" sign in the address bar, and paste it between the "wrap [YOUTUBE] tags around selected text." In this case, "HrFt8GgFN3k".

Easy peasy. Love Converge, btw. I think you already know that. Axe To Fall is a fuggin' masterstroke.

Converge is awesome, and if you're still looking to come up to DC, I'm starting a project in the vein of Converge and I'm down to play with y'all

Archived