• Replies 42.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by TheHarakiriEnd

View Post

roadburnvitus.jpg

Sweet pic smile.gif

I "discovered" St. Vitus and Trouble about 8 months ago by wandering wikipedia. I liked what I heard and got hooked. Then I realized I'd already heard Wino and Trouble's singer on Probot. icon_lol.gif

I know jack crap about doom/stoner/sludge, but I do like a lot of what I've heard. smile.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by TheHarakiriEnd

View Post

roadburnvitus.jpg

Sweet pic smile.gif

I "discovered" St. Vitus and Trouble about 8 months ago by wandering wikipedia. I liked what I heard and got hooked. Then I realized I'd already heard Wino and Trouble's singer on Probot. icon_lol.gif

I know jack crap about doom/stoner/sludge, but I do like a lot of what I've heard. smile.gif

• Members

You know what's funny? One of my most beloved doom riffs is on the bonus track of We Are The Romans by Botch (at the end of Man The Ramparts).

It's funny because Botch were a math/tech/hardcore/whatever band, but that one riff out-dooms most doom bands' best efforts.

Watch from 5:56 for proof (the 3 minute build up to it is worth it):

• Members

You know what's funny? One of my most beloved doom riffs is on the bonus track of We Are The Romans by Botch (at the end of Man The Ramparts).

It's funny because Botch were a math/tech/hardcore/whatever band, but that one riff out-dooms most doom bands' best efforts.

Watch from 5:56 for proof (the 3 minute build up to it is worth it):

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Ovid9

View Post

Holy crap that's a killer track!

It reminds me of something else....something from one of my mid-90s samplers that was probably a derivative of these guys. Sweet!! thumb.gif

Nah, Mare were pretty recent. Some point in the last 5 years anyway. They did this 5 track EP, then a couple of other random bits and then broke up. I savour these 5 songs because nobody does it like Mare

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Ovid9

View Post

Holy crap that's a killer track!

It reminds me of something else....something from one of my mid-90s samplers that was probably a derivative of these guys. Sweet!! thumb.gif

Nah, Mare were pretty recent. Some point in the last 5 years anyway. They did this 5 track EP, then a couple of other random bits and then broke up. I savour these 5 songs because nobody does it like Mare

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckNorris1982

View Post

Ah, well then. I'm still tempted to go track down the CDs and see if I can find the band.

I've noticed lots of weird stuff on samplers I had when I was in my teens, I hear now and think, "Damn, that sounds pretty sweet."

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckNorris1982

View Post

Ah, well then. I'm still tempted to go track down the CDs and see if I can find the band.

I've noticed lots of weird stuff on samplers I had when I was in my teens, I hear now and think, "Damn, that sounds pretty sweet."

Archived