The Doom Room: HCFX Edition

• Replies 42.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Pain-MD

View Post

That's a sweet rig, but the Acoustic 370 in the back excites me a lot more than the stuff in the front. Cool on both accounts though! love.gif

Yeah the 370 is a cool amp. Pretty picky though, both with the cab and the bass you play though it. Sounds best with the folded 18" cab.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by humancertainty

View Post

Mine screamed through my Emperor 2x15.

My bass player has it now and it screams through his Emperor 4x12s.

Interesting, everything we played it through just didn't compare to the room filling capability of that 18" but to be honest we didn't try it with anything all that great, just a few 4x10s and an old Acoustic 2x15.

• Members

Wow, the SLEEP show in Austin ruled !!! Matt played through a rockerverb 50 stack and a rockerverb 100 and thunderverb 200 stack. Sounded freaking killer. Al used 3 SVT's.Hung out with John from Solitude as well as Henry from St. Vitus/Blood of the Sun and smogged out with some of the dudes in the sword. ( as well as met up with alot of other tx friends)Good times !!!!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by TheHarakiriEnd

View Post

I knew you'd like it! The Southern Lord thread got me thinking that we don't talk about this stuff enough here. So hopefully between all the interesting things we can find and share there will be a decent ongoing conversation revolving around heavy music.

Thanks everyone for posting so far! Any links to good interviews would be nice as well.

http://www.skyscrapermagazine.com/features/SunnO.html

wave.gif

I'm ghosting the forums for like two weeks while I'm in NY and miss the best thread ever. Good {censored} throughout all 11 pages! A couple of contributions:

Boris and Sun O))) backline when I saw them play Altar:

IMG_0275-1.jpg

IMG_0274-1.jpg

My Old Rig:

amp020-3-1.jpg

And half of my new rig:

supro-1.jpg

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics for the Boris stuff, but it's all I had at the time and I'm surprised it didn't break.. Hands down the LOUDEST show I've ever been to. BY far.

• Members

^^^that Boris/Sunn setup....HOLY {censored} DICKS! eek.gif

Quote Originally Posted by JoJo68

View Post

Wow, the SLEEP show in Austin ruled !!! Matt played through a rockerverb 50 stack and a rockerverb 100 and thunderverb 200 stack. Sounded freaking killer. Al used 3 SVT's.Hung out with John from Solitude as well as Henry from St. Vitus/Blood of the Sun and smogged out with some of the dudes in the sword. ( as well as met up with alot of other tx friends)Good times !!!!

nice! thumb.gif

Archived