3 Clips, 3 Diezels

Duesentrieb

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks. Phyton is long gone, I sold it for 300 Euros, needed some money to buy new ampparts.
I will kindly ask Peter to send me a VH4 again, I have now the chance to record them all thru good speakers/mics and at real volumes, which should be better. All I have to find is a good player :D

• Members
Originally posted by Duesentrieb

Thanks. Phyton is long gone, I sold it for 300 Euros, needed some money to buy new ampparts.

I will kindly ask Peter to send me a VH4 again, I have now the chance to record them all thru good speakers/mics and at real volumes, which should be better. All I have to find is a good player
:D

cool , look forward to your clips :thu:

and 'real player' :rolleyes: just shut up and play it yourself! :p

• Members

OK guys, before I go on vacation here`s a little crap playing. You know that I`m not the best player around, but I was thinking that some might be interested in a comparison between VH4, Einstein and Herbert. The Herbert clip was recorded last year and thru a cab, the new clips thru Palmer/Marshall emulators - of course that makes a difference, also the software is different. Anyway - at least it might give you an idea about the voicings of the lead channels. All pots noon except master.

Here we go

VH4 lead

Einstein lead

Herbert lead

Olaf
:)

edit: a bit out of the competition - Duesentrieb Phyton
Phyton lead

Thanks for the cool clips! I like them all, but it's hard to compare them because they were recorded so differently. With all pots at 12:00, the Herbert was brighter than the Einstein and VH4, but that could be due to running through a real cab versus a dummy load. In any case, the amps were not dialed in for similar tones, only similar front panel settings, so it's hard to compare them apples-to-apples. Was that ch 3 on the Herbert?

• Members

Originally posted by BrentSP

At least in these clips, Einstein seems to sound closer to the VH4 and the Herbert seperates itself from both them tone wise.......just different. thanks.

Nevermind just read that the clips were recorded with different cabs/speaker emu and different software..........that would make a huge difference.

• Members

Hey, I`m not fooling you - three different amps. Conclusion? A crap player sounds crap no matter what amp
:D:D

No, you're not fooling anyone -- there's no crap playing to be found anywhere in those clips, my Teutonic friend! :thu:

I dig the Herbert & the Phyton, for totally different reasons, but all sounded great! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived