3 Clips, 3 Diezels

Duesentrieb

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Just out of curiosity..I know this has been asked earlier but it seems like you got into this amp building thing really quickly? Are you something like an electronic engineer by profession or have you just learned the skills elsewhere? Or did you start from scratch with little knowledge about electronics and amp guts?

Personally I really wish I knew how to build/mod amps because finding the one that is JUST right seems rather difficult. Lots of great amps that are almost there but have something in the voicing that bugs me (something in the highs that can't be dialed out with the amp's controls, not quite thick enough etc. etc.).

• Members
I may consider to give it away when its completely finished though. Thanks again

You do that I want first dibs...lol
shipping and taxes I pay gladly!
I want to be the first in the USA
to have a Phyton!!!!!!

Gary

Ps. I promise to put it to good use and even share it!;)

• Members

Actually I really liked the sound of all the amps Olaf.
I think the Phyton is a little bit more saggy than the
SLO and has a rounder midrange response, at least
from this clip. Anyway it sounds stellar to me!

Gary

• Members
Originally posted by LaXu

Just out of curiosity..I know this has been asked earlier but it seems like you got into this amp building thing really quickly? Are you something like an electronic engineer by profession or have you just learned the skills elsewhere? Or did you start from scratch with little knowledge about electronics and amp guts?

Personally I really wish I knew how to build/mod amps because finding the one that is JUST right seems rather difficult. Lots of great amps that are almost there but have something in the voicing that bugs me (something in the highs that can't be dialed out with the amp's controls, not quite thick enough etc. etc.).

I`m a chemist, Laxu, so no experience. But I had an awesome teacher, Peter Diezel and help from James Peters. I`m still far fromm being really good. Just a mediocre level so far with lots of things I still have to learn. But its fun for an old fart like myself to learn all this stuff. Peter just gave me a couple of books, the best one definitely is the book by Kevin O'Connor . . .
www.londonpower.com

• Members
Originally posted by riffy

You do that I want first dibs...lol

shipping and taxes I pay gladly!

I want to be the first in the USA

to have a Phyton!!!!!!

Gary

Ps. I promise to put it to good use and even share it!
;)

I will keep that in mind, Gary. Chances are good that Peter and I will offer an ampkit with a similar sound hopefully before the end of this year - how cool is that? ;)

• Members
Originally posted by riffy

Actually I really liked the sound of all the amps Olaf.

I think the Phyton is a little bit more saggy than the

SLO and has a rounder midrange response, at least

from this clip. Anyway it sounds stellar to me!

Gary

I showed that amp to Peter last weekend, he gave me lots of tips what to tweak - and one of his big ass inductors to increase the bottom end, which it definitely does. It doesn`t have a choke like Soldanos, MArshalls, Diezel, but a fat resistor like Engls - thats why . . . the bass pot on this recording was around 7 o'clock :D

• Members
Originally posted by Duesentrieb

I will keep that in mind, Gary. Chances are good that Peter and I will offer an ampkit with a similar sound hopefully before the end of this year - how cool is that?
;)

That my friend would be superb! I am already sure it will be a winner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gotta tell ya something, if it becomes a hit it can't happen to two nicer people!

Gary

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

For me, with backing tracks its hard to say much nothing but they're all good. Phython sounds very similar as VH4 (I wonder how many actually can make a difference here), Herbert seems to be the biggest (also its loudest bottom) but then in a real world I just *might* like the Einstein best of them. I'm waiting my travel to Turku (Diezel importer)...even I'm more looking a new cab for my own amp there than comparing amps.

Archived