3 Clips, 3 Diezels

Duesentrieb

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by Duesentrieb

And that is . . . ????

btw - how did you like my Phyton Sound - the lead circuit is SLO, the presence is SLO, just the trannies are better, they are Partridge and 35 years old
:D
:D:D

I really liked your Phyton... it screamed. It sounds like you have built yourself quite a lead monster there Olaf!!! Definitely very reminiscent of the SLO lead tone.

Congrats!!!

-Wiz

• Members

your crap playing is better than my crap playing.:p seriously though.. i liked the vh4 best. warm round and full. followed by einstien. not as warm as the vh4.. but i like to hear pick attack and harmonics. and then herbert. listening to the herbert clip i can tell that it's a gain monster! more focused mids. herbert really puts the mids forward. all nice amps.. and great playing olaf. you are too modest sometimes. thanks for the clips.

• Members

Originally posted by HitTheLights23

forgive me if i sound like an idiot? but what song is that? i seem to think it may be an ozzy solo?

Ozzy - Mr. Crowley

I liked the VH4 the most out of the Diezels, it seemed smoother than the others. The Phyton (why isn't it Python?) sounded great though!

I guess the Diezels all sound a bit too "modern" for my tastes, the Phyton (why Olaf, why?! :D) is more to my liking.

• Members

Originally posted by 1big1

your crap playing is better than my crap playing.
:p
seriously though.. i liked the vh4 best. warm round and full. followed by einstien. not as warm as the vh4.. but i like to hear pick attack and harmonics. and then herbert. listening to the herbert clip i can tell that it's a gain monster! more focused mids. herbert really puts the mids forward. all nice amps.. and great playing olaf. you are too modest sometimes. thanks for the clips.

Thanks for checking them, Dave. I`m not really fishing compliments, but besides us, who know each other well, some non-regulars will listen to an amateur thru a pro amp, thats why I`m adding always this statement before posting :) The regulars knew already that I suck :D

Have a great weekend, my friend.

• Members

Originally posted by LaXu

Ozzy - Mr. Crowley

I liked the VH4 the most out of the Diezels, it seemed smoother than the others. The Phyton (why isn't it Python?) sounded great though!

I guess the Diezels all sound a bit too "modern" for my tastes, the Phyton (why Olaf, why?!
) is more to my liking.

:D Its just playing around with letters, thats all. Glad that you like them. As I`ve said: the Diezels had all their pots except master set to noon, Phyton was dialed in differently - and my intention was to show their abilities, although I`m glad, that at least its lead sound seems to be not bad. But as I`ve said: its in no way comparable to them Diezels - those are the {censored}, Phyton is just a toy really :)

Thanks LaXu - and yup, thats my "version" of Mr. Crowley. Poor Randy :D

• Members

Originally posted by AleXM

man that my favorite solo.. can u post the tab for the melody before the sweep part ?

Sorry, I cannot read tabs nor do I have them nor do I think that I`m even close.

But Pete "Stratotone" can help you, he knows and plays stuff like that even better than Randy ;)

• Members

For me, Herbert seemed to work the best for this particular solo. But i have a feeling i'd pick vh-4 or einstein over the herbert in general for my taste. But damn all sound good. And man that phyton is right up there with diezels! Awesome. Nice playing too.

I can't get enough of that bassy 'ummphhh' sound @ 00:09/00:10 :D

• Members

you are welcome olaf. i'm on my way out the door to do a fill in gig with some friends of mine where i will no doubt demonstrate my ability to suck. i'm glad that alcohol will be served!:D enjoy your vacation!:cool:

• Members

Originally posted by LnTh

For me, Herbert seemed to work the best for this particular solo. But i have a feeling i'd pick vh-4 or einstein over the herbert in general for my taste. But damn all sound good. And man that phyton is right up there with diezels! Awesome. Nice playing too.

I can't get enough of that bassy 'ummphhh' sound @ 00:09/00:10

Thanks :) I`m still undecided between them Diezels though . . .

• Members

Originally posted by 1big1

you are welcome olaf. i'm on my out the door to do a fill in gig with some friends of mine where i will no doubt demonstrate my ability to suck. i'm glad that alcohol will be served!
enjoy your vacation!
:cool:

Thanks Dave, actually I will drive down to France, stay until wedenesday and bring my family back here, who stayed there since two weeks now.

Have fun ! :)

• Members

Originally posted by Duesentrieb

Two wrong brands in that pic, Axel
:D:D

Nice score - yes, thats why the 4x12 is here (and the VH4) - thats all for HoS
;)

Cool!

I tried hard to find a used Diezel cab, then the Bogner came along... :D It kicks ass so far. :)

Gute Fahrt!

• Members

it's a simple gig.. really. i'm bringing my mim strat with carvin ap 11 pups.. a tuner.. and a maxon od 808 through my old yamaha g 100 210. the other guys seem to be a bit darker sounding.. so i'm kind of like the comic relief.

Archived