OT: White Zombie appreciation

FallofEmpyrean

• Members

The other day, I was shopping at Best Buy and saw the two White Zombie CDs. I was looking at them, thinking, "Wow, I remember liking these a lot as a young teenager," so I picked 'em up. They are damn good. Brings back good memories from first getting into metal, and the (somewhat) glory days of good metal being on the radio in the early-to-mid 90s.

Appreciated.

• Members

I loved White Zombie years ago. I still play Make Them Die Slowly from time to time.

J. Yuenger had such a heavy tone at the time.......he made me want to play metal, but man that guy could do the stoner rock thing extremely {censored}ing well.

Plus, J had the coolest signature guitar EVAR:

izombiefr.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by rockstrongo

I loved White Zombie years ago. I still play Make Them Die Slowly from time to time.

J. Yuenger had such a
heavy
tone at the time.......he made me want to play metal, but man that guy could do the stoner rock thing extremely {censored}ing well.

izombiefr.jpg

Hotness incarnate. I saw one on ebay a year or so ago, should have pikced it up...

• Members

Originally posted by TheDarxide

I spent sooooo long trying to learn the slide intro to More Human Than Human. I was like, 14, with a Columbus les paul into a marshall drivemaster into a park bass combo
:)

Happy memories.....

hint: its super easy.

• Members

White Zombie contiues to have regular rotation in my cd player. I've seen them a few times live, such a fun show, giant robots walking around on stage and such. Rob Zombie was also the 2nd best performance on Ozzfest this year. Great Great stuff. Also, whenever I hear Thunderkiss '65 it reminds me of ECW. :thu:

• Members

Originally posted by rockstrongo

J. Yuenger had such a
heavy
tone at the time.......he made me want to play metal, but man that guy could do the stoner rock thing extremely {censored}ing well.

izombiefr.jpg

I have wanted to pick up one of those for some time. They always show up when I'm broke. :cry:

• Members

I dig their whole catalogue, including Psycho-Head Blowout, and all the pre-Sexorcisto stuff.

Astro Creep 2000 is my favorite, though.

What really gets me is Rob Zombie's ear for production. They turned these simple riffs and song structures (we're talking really simple), and turns them in to goddamn battering rams. Production wise, Astro Creep is a marvel like that.

And Tempesta is a heck of a drummer.

• Members

Originally posted by BrendanO

What really gets me is Rob Zombie's ear for production. They turned these simple riffs and song structures (we're talking really simple), and turns them in to goddamn battering rams. Production wise, Astro Creep is a marvel like that.

good point

the man does have talent..thats for sure

• Members

Gripping the wheel, his knuckles went white with desire, as the wheels of his mustang exploded on the highway like a slug from a .45. True death, 400 horsepower of maximum performance piercing the night. This is Black Sunshine.:evil:

Man, I just about wore that tape out in '93. I got to see them in Little Rock with the Rev. Horton Heat and the Melvins. It was an awesome show. All the samples of the screams really hurt your ears, though. I think J. was using one of the Robin guitars at that time.

Guest Anonymous

Originally posted by FallofEmpyrean

The other day, I was shopping at Best Buy and saw the two White Zombie CDs. I was looking at them, thinking, "Wow, I remember liking these a lot as a young teenager," so I picked 'em up. They are damn good. Brings back good memories from first getting into metal, and the (somewhat) glory days of good metal being on the radio in the early-to-mid 90s.

Appreciated.

I really like White Zombie's work as well.

• 4 months later...

Archived