Thoughts on Mesa Boogie?

Tosis Maguill

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

i've heard some awesome recto tones. they were good enough to almost negate the horrible recto tones i've heard, haha.

i've owned a few rectos:

triple 2 channel

rackmount dual

tremoverb combo

dual 2 channel

everytime i get one, the first day is tweaking, and then it's "dang, these are cool amps." give it a few weeks, and start to remember why i sold them.

i've hated the f-series amps everytime i've played them, and the marks series are awesome, but too many options to tweak for me. they do sound really great though.

my gripe with mesas in general is that they feel kind of cold (the heartbreaker is an awesome amp, though!)

• Members

Originally posted by Tosis Maguill

Hahahaha.

Badass. I wish I had the money right now.

Bogners are nice as well.

How much do you recon a Road King sells for, brand new in the box, these days?

2499 for the head

2699 for the combo

That's as of the latest price list, which was issued in July of 2005. You'll have to pay tax too.

• Members

I own an F-50 and hope to eventually own a Roadking.

It took me a long time to be able to get ANY mesa to sound good. There's something different about them from the typically Marshall plug-and-play tone. You have to play the amp, and it can take a bit of learning.

• Members

Originally posted by Code-001

How much are Mark IVs?

New:

Short & Medium Head - 1849

1x12 Widebody and Compact Combo - 1949

Used (when you can find them now):

I haven't seen them any lower than $1200, but there are some deals that have popped up here and there I'm sure. I forget how much I bought this last one for. I'm thinking I paid right at $1300 for it, but the guy, who was the original owner, only had it for like 3 or 4 months. It's a Medium Head. Needless to say, I stopped looking at the Mark IV's after that.

Dale

• Members

Originally posted by Dale B.

Mike, I've got a feeling that might be a while.
;)

Dale

Why you say that? I'm not getting that much new gear, I just plan on getting a few more guitars :)

actually I picked up a 482 Sonic Maximizer finally for $20 ..bought it out of the guys rig on stage after their show cause he was calling it quits :D

• Members

Originally posted by xMadiMx

Why you say that? I'm not getting that much new gear, I just plan on getting a few more guitars
:)

actually I picked up a 482 Sonic Maximizer finally for $20 ..bought it out of the guys rig on stage after their show cause he was calling it quits
:D

Cool.... Nah, I'm just kidding around with you man. We're all pretty much gear sluts around here. :)

I'm not even anywhere near where I want to be as far as gear is concerned and I've had a lot of {censored} too.

It's sad and sick at the same time.

Dale

• Members

Cool.... Nah, I'm just kidding around with you man. We're all pretty much gear sluts around here.
:)

I'm not even anywhere near where I want to be as far as gear is concerned and I've had a lot of {censored} too.

It's sad and sick at the same time.

Dale

I was just glad to find out you can still get the Mark IV heads new from Boogie cause so many said you can't, but the Rep. was in about 2 weeks ago and said you can order it just tell them you want the head and it would be a pretty short wait also :thu: I have other gear I want, but all I really need is some more guitars and a new neck on my Parker. :(

All I pretty much use anymore is the POD into the computer for just messing around and figuring out other songs, and Madison for all my live aplications. I haver't done it yet but I'm anxious to hear how the POD-Mesa 2:90 BBE into the Madison cab sounds cause even the 2x12 is stereo so it makes a nice portable stereo rig

:D

• Members

New:

Short & Medium Head - 1849

1x12 Widebody and Compact Combo - 1949

Used (when you can find them now):

I haven't seen them any lower than $1200, but there are some deals that have popped up here and there I'm sure. I forget how much I bought this last one for. I'm thinking I paid right at $1300 for it, but the guy, who was the original owner, only had it for like 3 or 4 months. It's a Medium Head. Needless to say, I stopped looking at the Mark IV's after that.

Dale

Thanks for the info!

Archived