OT: Explain your avatar

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Mine is the main character (the one you play) from one of the best PC games ever: Deus Ex

Obviously the title came from Deus Ex Machina (machine from god, unexpected/unlikely solution or character for a problem). The name suits your character's role in the game.

• Members
there's no explaining mine like there's no explaining me either, you just have to experience it
:D

There's always something to explain.

Mine's of a Mr Chaplin the triple threat, just chillin, yet still has the skates. I admire his work and simple complexities he brought to the table.

• Members

Mine is one of my fav band at the moment. Just going through all the 80's fav and reminesce the high school days, those were the wonderful and simple time:cry:

Can't get enough of the 80s. Nice to see some of the flavor from that era come back in modern culture... in a sense... can't beat the 80s.

• Members

There's
always
something to explain.

Mine's of a Mr Chaplin the triple threat, just chillin, yet still has the skates. I admire his work and simple complexities he brought to the table.

Stiky.....for some reason I always remember yours being that glass looking hand....

• Members

Mine is Delia Derbyshire!

She was an English musician/composer of electronic music -- best known for her electronic realisation of Ron Grainer's theme music to the British science fiction television series Doctor Who and for her work with the BBC Radiophonic Workshop.

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

With these techniques she did this....

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

Amazing :eek::eek::eek:

• Members

Amazing
:eek:

JAMMING WITH TAPES!!!!!:love::D

YAY!11 :phil:

Still love that original sound. Takes me back aways.

Mine is a logo I got drawn for a business I started a couple of years ago that never got used. I finished up that business about the same time I joined HC and KSS and it felt appropriate for him to see the light of day then.

• Members

This comment must be part of your signature, because I have no idea what you're talking about.

Mmm. Ok. My bad. I will have to read the book again to find it then see where it belongs.

• Members

When I was a little kid, my babysitter, who lived across the street from us, got a green Gremlin car when she turned 16. She was a great babysitter and a very interesting person - made creepie crawlies, monster models, and stop motion super 8 movies. She decorated her Gremlin in 70's style with peace signs and little Weepuls stuck all over her dash board. I desperately wanted a little Weepul to play with. At some point in time I finally got one of the little things as a present, I think in my Easter basket, and it became my constant companion for several years. It drove just about every lego and erector set car, truck, plane, and space ship I made during those days, lived in my lego houses and castles (made just for it), operated my erector set cranes, and drove my mother nuts with the little voice I made up for it.

I caught up with my old babysitter on Facebook through my brother and we chat from time-to-time. She is still a neat lady. One day she took one of those Facebook tests/games where she put down the first 5 cars she ever owned. We ended up chatting about the Gremlin and I told her about the Weepul. I looked up Weepuls online and found the picture and thought it would be funny to use as an avatar, especially because my Weepul got beat to hell but lasted a very long time as a muse for a budding engineer's creativity.

Archived