Korg SV-1 Stage Vintage Piano official video is online!

RichF

• Members

This thing sounds amazing.

I have a somewhat unrelated question. Can anyone tell me what type of piano this is sounding at 2:03-2:07? I know it's really brief, but this is exactly the type of piano sound I'm looking for. Thanks.

That's Grand 1 - a well-known Japanese piano maker, also known for their fine watercraft, motorcyles, and, oh yeah, musical instruments.

;)

Regards,

Jerry

Korg Guy

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This product is about to be "over hyped" now...so that will bring out the haters that like to crap all over everything. Mark my words, this will end up with the Nord and Kurzweil haters that will inevitably go "I went and tested this board out for 10 seconds in a crowded and noisy GC and wasn't impressed. Over hyped....I'll stick with my Yamaha CP300 blah blah blah". (that right there will give away one of the people I'm talking about :D).

Yeah, I hate haters.

• Members

This product is about to be "over hyped" now...so that will bring out the haters that like to crap all over everything. Mark my words, this will end up with the Nord and Kurzweil haters that will inevitably go "I went and tested this board out for 10 seconds in a crowded and noisy GC and wasn't impressed. Over hyped....I'll stick with my Yamaha CP300 blah blah blah". (that right there will give away one of the people I'm talking about
:D
).

Yeah, I hate haters.

Ha, I can tell ALREADY it sounds better than the Kurz. It's not that hard to IMO. These are the first EP's I've heard that might best the ones of the Motif series. Piano seems like it's no slouch either!

I don't know if it's a game changer, but this certainly ups the Ante which is good for EVERYONE. It's about time!

• Members

It does.

Didn't you look at the specs?

Just did. Didn't see that Korg finally put up the info on their site.

NICE! The price of the Electro 3 and the fact it had no stand attachment put me off. I'd definitely but an SV-1 73 if the price is right. :thu:

• Members

Generally, I don't care about Korg's or anyone else's vision on how this keyboard should be used. Why should anyone else tell me, how should I use it? I use it how I want to! I like the concept, I like the sounds, and I can imagine a situation where I'd like to have it as the only keyboard with a couple of external modules, for example. So if I can't use it as such, to me it IS a problem no matter what.

I get what you're saying. Prior to ordering the M3, I had a serious jones for a clonewheel organ, but rejected the available options because I wanted full MIDI controller functionality -- wheels, aftertouch, and all.

Regardless, it seems pretty clear that the companies would rather have us buy workstations if we want full-featured controllers. I'm neither endorsing nor condemning the practice; I'm just saying that's the way it appears to be.

Archived