Mesa Gut shot

SFW

• Members

Just thought I'd share this gut shot of a Mesa Mark IV. It's wild so see this one after looking at the shots of the Divinity and Cobra in the other thread. Even if you don't like the Mesa sound, you cannot argue with their build quality.

MarkIVgutshot.jpg

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Mesas = Indestructable.

Unfortunately for me, Mesa Tone = Dark and Buzzy.

:(

Hey, I tried. I played a DC .50+, Dual Rec, Single Rec, Tremoverb, Rectoverb, Triple Rec, Stilleto, Mk II, Mk IV, Lonestar 30W, Lonestar 50W, Blue Angel, Subway, and Heartbreaker.

Hey, I tried.

• Members

Tsk, tsk.

I see solder in there. Everybody knows modern technique calls for joining wires by twisting them together and fastening a paperclip for safety.

Paperclips have been used forever, in all industries. They're truly demonstrated road worthiness.

• Members

Originally posted by Sordid1

Definitely looks well put together but what the hell do I know I play Peaveys
:)

I opened a Peavey 50/50 poweramp....it was just as nicely done. Clean, good routing, good looking all the way around.

• Members

Originally posted by Jarick

Mesas = Indestructable.

Unfortunately for me, Mesa Tone = Dark and Buzzy.

:(

Hey, I tried. I played a DC .50+, Dual Rec, Single Rec, Tremoverb, Rectoverb, Triple Rec, Stilleto, Mk II, Mk IV, Lonestar 30W, Lonestar 50W, Blue Angel, Subway, and Heartbreaker.

Hey, I tried.

A mesa boogie Mark series amp is anything but dark and buzzy.

You can certainly say that about any of the recto based Mesas and I will agree but methinks you need to revisit the Mark series and look on HC for some sample setting!

All in all.. I will agree that mesa's might not be for you, but I stand by my statements that the Marks series are not buzzy nor are they dark (they can sound dark by adjusting the graphic eq ;) )

IMHO the marks series is the Mesa tone. I don't care for the rectos.

• Members

Originally posted by gainfreak

A mesa boogie Mark series amp is anything but dark and buzzy.

You can certainly say that about any of the recto based Mesas and I will agree but methinks you need to revisit the Mark series and look on HC for some sample setting!

+1

The first song in my sig is not dark. I put it in the "honky" thread.

All mark series amps are BRIGHT with no EQ. You have to correct them from there.

• Members

The inside of a TopHat Club Royale. Beautiful work. Almost clinical in its cleanliness and quality.

CRDeepCabChassis.jpg

Here's the outside of an older TopHat King Royale chassis; this one was built by Phil Jamison when he used to work for TopHat 'back in the day'. Not a mark on this amp anywhere. Another piece of art.

KRChassis1.jpg

If you want to see a pcb-based rig with great quality craftsmanship, look inside a THD.

• Members

Originally posted by Digital Jams

I get two things from this picture..........

1) The MK IV is a steal price wise or................

2) Other amps like Framus and Orange are grossly overpriced.

ahh... yes to both those observations.

• Members

Well about the dark and buzzy comment,

actually just the dark comment.

I once recorded a clip without naming the amp. People guessed plexi. Go figure :D

Well. Different tones for different ears. Its all good.

I wish i didnt check this thread in school. Now i have to walk in my cream filled shorts all day hoping noone notices :D

Archived