sah5150

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Originally posted by Sick Michael

Quality recording by the way!!! thats clean as a whistle. I like the reverb!!

Thanks! You can thank Bob for the Reverb settings, but honestly I wish you hadn't noticed it... I guess I need to drop it in the mix a bit...

Steve

• Members
Originally posted by JamesPeters

Fine, I lose again!
:cry:
Tarnation!

Next time, if you can, post something with less blblblbllblblblblblblblblb style picking and more chords or something.
:)
It's really hard to tell what's going on if the guitarist doesn't stop much.

Now that wouldn't be very metal would it? :D

Steve

• Members
Originally posted by Megadeth7684

Not very much, but I can tell the difference in the clip when he's picking fast. That's pretty easy to pick out, tight clear amps let you hear those fast picking runs more clearly.

I have to agree with you there. The clarity (or lack thereof) of the amps on those trem picked sections certainly tells me something...

Steve

• Members
Originally posted by sah5150

I have to agree with you there. The clarity (or lack thereof) of the amps on those trem picked sections certainly tells me something...

Steve

Yeah, like a VHT is obviosuly better than a 5150 for fast death metal type stuff, because it's so clear and precise. That's one of the reasons I like the 5150 though, I don't play fast stuff like that, so it fits my style more. I don't need a crystal clear amp.

• Members
Originally posted by sah5150

Ok, here's another experiment. I have here three clips of part of one tune. Each clip is the exact same thing reamped through a different amp. The amps used were:

Mesa Mark IV

5150II (Rhythm channel boosted w/modded TS9)

VHT UL

Your mission (should you choose to accept it) is to match each clip to the amp it was recorded with and tell me which you prefer and why...

And, yes, I know the drums suck. They are just there for mix reference...

And yes, I know one of the clips was gated too aggressively with my Decimator on the stops, but I couldn't fix it with out reamping again and I don't have time now...

The clips:

http://members.cox.net/sahbob/ampone.mp3

http://members.cox.net/sahbob/amptwo.mp3

http://members.cox.net/sahbob/ampthree.mp3

Have fun...

Steve

No clue/don't care to guess what's what. BUT, I dig the first oneam okay with the 3rd and hate the second.

• Members
Originally posted by Megadeth7684

I can't believe people are guessing 5150 for that third clip. As soon as that first clip started playing, I thought, that's the 5150. Maybe I'm just retarded though?
:freak:

Now now Mega.....I believe we have all made incorrect calls on amps plus some people are listening to these on uber high quality $10 pc speakers.