sah5150

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Originally posted by Megadeth7684

Well, I just talked to ******and he said he will magically make Steve remember which clip is which.

Hey, the discussions with you and your partner have no impact on the situation.

No results will be provided.

Good day.

I SAID GOOD DAY!

• Members

Originally posted by Bob Savage

Hey, the discussions with you and your partner have no impact on the situation.

No results will be provided.

Good day.

I SAID GOOD DAY!

You hear that Lucy Pinder.....he said GOOD DAY.

Not a crappy day, or slightly camp day.

BUT A GOOD ONE!!!

• Members

:D

Ok, too funny...

The results:

Clip 1 = 5150II rhythm channel boosted w/modded TS-9

Clip 2 = MKIV

Clip 3 = VHT UL

Now... I don't like Clip 2 either, but I will say in fairness that I think the MKIV is capable of MUCH better. Didn't spend much time tweaking it, but I can hear things I think could be fixed easily...

Clip 1 and 3 sound close. I think the VHT would have gotten even more votes if it'd had more high end. It seems to have more overall girth to me...

Congrats to DanielRaible who posted the correct answers. That and $0.25 will getcha a cup of coffee... ;):D

Thanks for playing, fellers...

Steve

• Members

Originally posted by sah5150

Ok, too funny...

The results:

Clip 2 = MKIV

Clip 3 = VHT UL

Now... I don't like Clip 2 either, but I will say in fairness that I think the MKIV is capable of MUCH better. Didn't spend much time tweaking it, but I can hear things I think could be fixed easily...

Congrats to DanielRaible who posted the correct answers. That and $0.25 will getcha a cup of coffee...
;):D

Steve

Wow, I'm shocked. Do these clips strike you as sounding very different than what we heard through your Mackie's?

• Members

Ok, too funny...

The results:

Clip 2 = MKIV

Clip 3 = VHT UL

Congrats to DanielRaible who posted the correct answers. That and $0.25 will getcha a cup of coffee...

Steve

At least I got the 5150 right! That VHT really sounded like {censored} IMO. :freak:

• Members

Ok, too funny...

The results:

Clip 2 = MKIV

Clip 3 = VHT UL

Clip 1 and 3 sound close. I think the VHT would have gotten even more votes if it'd had more high end. It seems to have more overall girth to me...

Steve

Oh man, I really am el-stupido. I downloaded the clips in order, using Firefox, so #3 was actually listed first, then 2, then 1. I got it right, but I'm a moron for not looking at the clip names in download manager. How embarrassing...

• Members

Wow, I'm shocked. Do these clips strike you as sounding very different than what we heard through your Mackie's?

It is so hard to remember now and we were mostly listening to combinations of amps, except for the UL which we recorded first. I dunno man... I just panned the two different tracks or each amp/mic left and right, got decent levels, and bounced to disk. What you are hearing in these clips sounds like what I just heard in the Mackies when I was bouncing these earlier today...

Steve

• Members

Oh man, I really am el-stupido. I downloaded the clips in order, using Firefox, so #3 was actually listed first, then 2, then 1. I got it right, but I'm a moron for not looking at the clip names in download manager. How embarrassing...

Ok, so then you got 'em right, correct? Which did you like best again?

Steve

• Members

Originally posted by Digital Jams

Interesting, I would say that I would expect better from the MK IV as well but I am sure that you will get that in order with time.

Must be that custom covering job throwing you off.

I believe it is the custom covering...

Steve