My Band Just Got All New Crate Gear

The Boogie Man

• Members
Originally posted by Alchemist

Which Crate gear? Their V30 loaded cabs are great, the BV heads arent so bad, and a lot of their smaller amps sound great, its just the ocassional ones have reliability issues. If its free, who cares.

They even have PA gear that is perfectly giggable.

• Members
Originally posted by BrendanO

Oh, man, I {censored}ing HATE when I get free gear. Pissed me the hell off, it does.

Last time I was at my local music store, they tried to give me some free gear, HOW DARE THEY, I had to beat up the salesman then urinate on him in front of the others as he writhes in pain and embarasement while the staff watched, that will teach him:mad: He better not try pulling that {censored} again:mad: :rolleyes::D

• Members

Last time I was at my local music store, they tried to give me some free gear, HOW DARE THEY, I had to beat up the salesman then urinate on him in front of the others as he writhes in pain and embarasement while the staff watched, that will teach him:mad: He better not try pulling that {censored} again:mad:
:rolleyes::D

i won some 'giveaway' i guess. i gave em ass rape.

• Members

Last time I was at my local music store, they tried to give me some free gear, HOW DARE THEY, I had to beat up the salesman then urinate on him in front of the others as he writhes in pain and embarasement while the staff watched, that will teach him:mad: He better not try pulling that {censored} again:mad:

Precisely. Giving me {censored} like they think they know me or something. {censored}ery, is what it is; pure {censored}ery.

• Members

The contract sez' we must use the equipment for one full year for all public performances or we must return it and pay a rental agreement to the store. Our Manager did this without telling us and signed the agreement, the band is divided on the issue. I say he's as ass for setting us up this way, and want to fire him and return the gear. I'm happy with my own gear which is all vintage Fender and Gibson.

• Members

Originally posted by The Boogie Man

The contract sez' we must use the equipment for one full year for all public performances or we must return it and pay a rental agreement to the store. Our Manager did this without telling us and signed the agreement, the band is divided on the issue. I say he's as ass for setting us up this way, and want to fire him and return the gear. I'm happy with my own gear which is all vintage Fender and Gibson.

Just put your gear behind the Crate stuff and plug into it. Then just turn the Crate gear on and don't play through it. Of course that defeats the purpose of endorsing the gear but people do it all the time. Makes no sense to me unless you're getting paid on top of endorsing the gear.

• Members

Where you wearing that awsome suit in your avatar at the time?

• Members

Originally posted by facefirst

Just put your gear behind the Crate stuff and plug into it. Then just turn the Crate gear on and don't play through it. Of course that defeats the purpose of endorsing the gear but people do it all the time. Makes no sense to me unless you're getting paid on top of endorsing the gear.

Yeah really. What's in it for you?

You should also consider firing your "manager" for signing something without your knowledge or consent. Doesn't matter if it's a seemingly beneficial deal or not.

• Members

Originally posted by PlayboyChris

Yeah really. What's in it for you?

You should also consider firing your "manager" for signing something without your knowledge or consent. Doesn't matter if it's a seemingly beneficial deal or not.

Our Manager is new, we agreed to accept him when our last Manager sold our contract to this guy, due to health reasons. He's a Stooge and wants to make a big name for himself and buy and sell bands like cattle. He thinks since we do well on the West Coast circuit he can attract new younger bands to him and take a big commission off them. I don't know how he convinced a music store to do this but he can send it all back, or keep it for another band. I think the band agrees we'll dump him ASAP, if we fire him we'll have to pay him a 6 months commission, so were kind of stuck.

Archived