Your FAVORITE Celestion 12"

bullhead

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow, I'm surprised. The Vintage 30s were harsh with most amps I've owned. The G12H-30 has worked out much better for me, although I had a CL80/V30 mix once which sounded great. But, once again, I think a whole lot depends on the amp and cab. I don't care for my Hot Cat 30R through my Jenkins loaded with G12H-30s, every other amp I own or have tried sounds *glorious* through it! Conversely, the HC30R *loves* the TT H1E, but my other amps don't sound all that great through it. :confused:

• Members

Originally posted by EmgEsp

V-30's mixed with GT-75's, but If I had to pick one it would be the V-30 no contest.

+1 on the V30/G12-75 mix.Still if it's gotta be one speaker I'd have to go with the Greenback Heritage 30 55hz.Or is the G12H-30 listed the Anniversary 75hz?That would make my vote for "other".

• Members
Originally posted by blackmoreisgod

what?

my question was: Greenbacks sound good, V30s sound good, so would they sound good mixed in a cabinet? Or would the different wattage ratings mess the whole thing up?

You guys know alot more than I do...
:confused:

if you're worried about one speaker drowning the other out, or something like that, wattage isn't what you want to look at. sensitivity (or effieciency) is the metric for volume in speakers

• Members
Originally posted by bullhead

if you're worried about one speaker drowning the other out, or something like that, wattage isn't what you want to look at. sensitivity (or effieciency) is the metric for volume in speakers

ooohhhh.... thank you for your reply.

I need to do some more reading, that's for sure. :cry:

Archived