OT: young 15 year old kid playing angelo!

mad axe man

• Members
Originally posted by jackson soloist usa

[b

but also can appreciate a 15 that can fly like that:)

i actually don't, i appreciate more a kid who can play simple things with the right feel and vibrato, you always have time for technique.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Originally posted by Jakem

If one is talented and starts to play virtuoso- stuff directly when picking up guitar playing, it's possible to get on very good speed and shredding technique level in 2-3 years...

I agree... 8+ hours a day and you will get there... The younger you start the quicker you will get there. kids pick stuff up quick!!!

• Members
Originally posted by blargh

Man, Angelo is setting a terrible example for kids, his stuff just ain't good guitar playing.
The kid's got some chops for 15 though, all he needs is taste.

It was a Michael Angelo song for {censored}'s sake. It's not meant to exhibit any sort of "taste". You want taste, play Gilmour. You want technique, play Angelo.

God's sake, just enjoy it for what it is

Edited by shredhead666

• Members

What was wrong with that for a webcam vid? Showed what he could do? Were there mistakes? Yes.

Let's count the number if times I have heard live recordings of Hendrix, SRV or any others with open strings ringing? Wait, I can only count to a googol!

Is Angelo's music easily listened to? Not to my ears, and I'm a shredder, but that doesn't discount what this young gentleman has shown to us.

Derek

• Members
Originally posted by Viesczy

What was wrong with that for a webcam vid? Showed what he could do? Were there mistakes? Yes.

Let's count the number if times I have heard live recordings of Hendrix, SRV or any others with open strings ringing? Wait, I can only count to a googol!

Is Angelo's music easily listened to? Not to my ears, and I'm a shredder, but that doesn't discount what this young gentleman has shown to us.

Derek

I dont know about SRV but i think herdrix was pretty wasted on drugs most the time when he played live. I dont think this guy was....

• Members
Originally posted by TheDirtyCat

I dont know about SRV but i think herdrix was pretty wasted on drugs most the time when he played live. I dont think this guy was....

And, the argument will continue forever until everyone who cannot play that fast will have overwhelmed the thread with complaints. :)

• Members

Everyone sucks and plays with no feeling and is sloppy with bad tone if they play fast. If they play slow with wide controlled vibrato, they have feeling and are great, with excellent tone. I would rather hear three slow notes than 1000 perfectly executed sweep picked notes per unit time.

So, net/net, this kid sucks... Age is no excuse. He should not play fast anymore and then he will be good. Especially if he spends the next 10 years developing wide, controlled vibrato.

No more posts are necessary on this thread.

Thank You,

Steve

• Members
Originally posted by sah5150

Everyone sucks and plays with no feeling and is sloppy with bad tone if they play fast. If they play slow with wide controlled vibrato, they have feeling and are great, with excellent tone. I would rather hear three slow notes than 1000 perfectly executed sweep picked notes per unit time.

So, net/net, this kid sucks... Age is no excuse. He should not play fast anymore and then he will be good. Especially if he spends the next 10 years developing wide, controlled vibrato.

Thank You,

Steve

tssss...you forgot to use B.B King as an example

• Members
Originally posted by dreamspace

Gotta love it when the guys are coming with the good ol' "I'd rather put on my '84 SRV vhs and see some REAL geetar playing"

bah...give the dude a break, you probably wouldn't have said the same thing to him if he was playing in front of you

Gotta love it when the shred dorks get all defensive over some dude rippin' on a 15 year old that can't play.:D

Too bad!

Love,

Mike

• Members

If you're talking solely about this player, then I don't hear perfectly executed sweep picking. I enjoy shred and fast guitar, but it can't be pulled off with open notes ringing out everywhere.

• Members
Originally posted by MetalGuitar08

If you're talking solely about this player, then I don't hear perfectly executed sweep picking. I enjoy shred and fast guitar, but it can't be pulled off with open notes ringing out everywhere.

You're missing the point. ALL fast playing is sloppy, has no feeling and has bad tone.

Steve