OT: young 15 year old kid playing angelo!

mad axe man

• Members
Originally posted by gainfreak

Just a few questions that might make you look in a different direction. How do you know what this kid will sound like in the future? How do you know what type of music he will be playing in a year or 5 years? You don't ,so to lable his whole future is pretty silly doncha think?

I know of a lot of guys who practiced like this kid when they were younger and they have all moved on from shred.

Just saying and nothing personal!

~R~

do you mean by: 'moving on from shred' that what this kid is doing now is unacceptable

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Originally posted by guitar shmoe

do you mean by: 'moving on from shred' that what this kid is doing now is unacceptable

No. I'm merely saying that you or I have no way of knowing what type of music he will gravitate toward in the years to come. He might Move away or stay within that genre.

• Members

No. I'm merely saying that you or I have no way of knowing what type of music he will gravitate toward in the years to come. He might Move away or stay within that genre.

Ritchie Kotzen
Blues Saraceno
Alex Skolnick

To some extent Paul Gilbert...

All of them started out as shredders. They're all doing their own thing.

• Members

true dat...true dat...congrats for not falling into the sorry trap I put in front of you!....nice reply.

• Members
Originally posted by jackson soloist usa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IM0KKe2rll0&search=Yngwie%20Malmsteen%20Teaser%20Guitar

I quit!!!
:D

he is only 15 years old? WTF?

great chops for a 15 yours old!

He has great chops. He can out-play me and I'm 17 years old. Of course I am guilty of not even picking up to play my guitar somedays. However, just because he can play fast does not make him a phenominal musician. A guitarist is lost without a band and without songs. I usually work writing my own leads and being creative rather than ripping my leads from a song. Sure, I still learn songs and love playing other people's music...but learning too much can get in the way of your creativeness.

• Members

When will someone link me to a Youtube video where some old bastard is singing a song about a woman who's done him wrong. That's {censored} I can relate to. These endless Youtube links titled "hey dudes, check this (insert age here) shredder out" are technical achievements of sonic ambien.
:bor: