What has happened to the US ??

favata5

• Members
Originally posted by favata5

Could someone please explain to me why legislation couldnt get passed to ban flag burning but its ok in some states for Homosexuals to be married and in most schools children cant say God?? What the hell has happened?? Makes me wish I could turn the clocks back to the ol fashioned times..you know when God mattered,and men worked while the women stayed home and took care of the domestic jazz,and children had a monny and a daddy! Today its just getting twisted it used to be Adam and Eve in the Bible,,whats next Adam and Steve????

Are you TRYING to be an asshole, or does it just come with the territory of being a religious conservative?

I would call troll but you have a good many posts...

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Originally posted by rememberduane

Read his statement and do a search for him. Then read his other posts. Try again.

You are right. Went back and read some of this thread. Name calling and insults from everywhere. I'm guilty also. I will delete the BC comment. I hate these kind of arguements because no one really ever wins.:(

• Members

If marriage is a thing between a man and woman husband wife.... then why does all of society bitch and moan about interracial marriages?
Where in the bible does it say a white guy and an asian girl is an abomination?

Why do certain members of my girlfriend's family entirely object to the idea of her marrying a white guy?

But.. i am man. she is woman.

Because society has a bigger obsession with dictating who should marry whom than they have with actually making marriage work.

• Members
Originally posted by guitar shmoe

So, Satan's allowing you minions to use computers down there in the 9th circle of hell....wonder who his ISP provider is???

Wow... aren't you a Christian? And you believe in Dante's image of Hell? Isn't that a bit blasphemous?

And what about my ticket?

• Members

Either your professor was extremely right-wing or you never took the courses. Are you saying that symbolic speech isn't protected? Get over it, you don't know what you're talking about and are trying to pull some credibility out of nowhere.

Or do you think that Supreme Court Justices have been less capable of interpreting the Constitution than you?

You gots lots ta learn son...we'll do lunch when you get outta High School...

• Members
Originally posted by guitar shmoe

You gots lots ta learn son...we'll do lunch when you get outta High School...

I think it's funny how you think you can use the tactic of talking down to someone as if you know more than them when you continually lack actual substance to your posts. I can use that with you because #1 I am more educated, #2 I am capable of clearly conveying my ideas and #3 I have SUBSTANCE to my posts.

When you get out of elementary school, I will be the one asking questions of your school board.

• Members

and you farts over 40... I'm not so sure you should even be knocking gays. You are actually more hated by society than gays are. Right dangerous "Letches"?

Marry a woman half your age and watch what happens to you in the name calling department. You are considered an abomination just as gay males are. But people actually stick up for gays. I've never seen anyone stick up for farts.

You are in the same "hated by society" boat.

THe enemy of your enemy is your friend. Farts and gays should team up.

I stick up for both of you cause you are males.
I support the farts right to marry women half their age.
And I support the gay right to marry a gay.

• Members
Originally posted by vegas_jay

Bill Frist (R - Tenn) : "Countless men and women have died defending that flag. It is but a small humble act for us to defend it."

Daniel Inouye (D - Hawaii) : "While I take offense at disrespect to the flag, I nonetheless believe it is my continued duty as a veteran, as an American citizen, and as a United States senator to defend the constitutional right of protesters to use the flag in nonviolent speech."

Can you guess which of these two men is a veteran, who lost his right arm while serving in combat, and is a winner of the Medal of Honor? Hint: It's not Frist.

Can you guess which one won the spin battle?

Can you guess which one is a Medical Doctor?

Can you guess which one is in a Red State?

Can you guess which one is in a Blue State?

Can you guess which one got his arm blown off and then turned into John Kerry, Max Cleland, Jonathan Squankmire etc...?

Bob Dole, John McCain, Lonny McGillicutty etc....

We can name names on both sides of the aisle who are veterans:wave:

• Members
Originally posted by rgf

Can you guess which one won the spin battle?

Can you guess which one is a Medical Doctor?

Can you guess which one is in a Red State?

Can you guess which one is in a Blue State?

Can you guess which one got his arm blown off and then turned into John Kerry, Max Cleland, Jonathan Squankmire etc...?

Bob Dole, John McCain, Lonny McGillicutty etc....

We can name names on both sides of the aisle who are veterans:wave:

Medal of Honor. Go home.

• Members
Originally posted by 17 Tubes

DO I detect whining?

Why am I whining when all I did was turn the tables on the original post I quoted? Turnabout is no longer fair play?

So what teepee do you live under, that you can condemn "enviromental raping".

Why does caring about the environment mean I live in a teepee? That's just stupid, and a predictable response. Wheeeeee!!!! Look at me, I don't want mercury in my water, I don't want to breathe asbestos, I'm a liberal hippy! It's easy enough to do the research on how this administration feels (legislates) about the environment, I encourage you to do some yourself.

WHo are you to judge the war? It's far too early for you to think you can know what has happened and what will happen.

How can it be too early for me to know what *has* happened? I'll judge the war as I see fit, thank you, but do you really want to argue that the reasons the admin. led us to war were valid? WMD, Iraqi ties to Al-queda? Come on. It was quite obvious when the rationale chagned from "fighting terrorists and al queda" to "liberating a country", which was when they could no longer support their own false claims.

"Election stealing"...hah, that's a good one. Hard to be a President if you can't even convince your own homestate you'r fit for the job.

There were so many improprieties and irregularaties in both of the past elections as to warrant serious investigation. Example: it's a documented fact that thousands of votes were "lost" or changed in Ohio, suspicously from Diebold machines the state was required to use. I'll give you sources if you like, since I like to back my statements with fact. There's a {censored}load of data, from the goverments own audits. Won't argue with you about gore losing tennessee though, that *was* pathetic. The rest, I will argue.

Rush and Bill?...they are actors, entertainers....what are you so mad about that for? Wish more people were as passionate in their search for answers and truth...well, O'Reilly anyway" Rush is a big fat dumb.....head. No skin off my nose about it though.

It's not surprising many republicans think that Saddam was involved in 911, since many get their "facts" from people like Bill and Rush, which conveniently makes my next point...they're full of {censored} hypocrits that twist the thoughts of their easily manipulated, unthinking listeners. They aren't just actors and entertainers, many, *many* people take what they say as fact, and then turn around and spout it off on places, like, say, an amp forum. Thanks for making my point.

If you think those people are passionate in their search for truth, well, then there's really no arguing with you, since you live in an alternate reality. Search for answers and truth! Here's a gem: O'Reilly falsely claimed Bush didn't oppose 9-11 Commission. O'Reilly defended President George W. Bush from a Kerry-Edwards '04 TV ad highlighting Bush's opposition to creation of the 9-11 Commission by denying that Bush had ever opposed the commission. In fact, Bush did oppose the creation of the 9-11 Commission. (10/21/04)

There were studies done that showed voters who listen to these people were far more uninformed on the issues, as well as the underlying facts dealing with those issues, than people who don't listen. That's just dangerous.

You sound a bit intolerant your own self.

You are right, though, I am intolerant...towards ignorance and intolerance. We do agree completely on one point, though. I want my nugs too.

• Members

Wow... aren't you a Christian? And you believe in Dante's image of Hell? Isn't that a bit blasphemous?

And what about my ticket?

Forgive me R-Duane....I don't take much of this stuff too seriously...I realize most people here on this forum have MUCH different worldviews than I do...so, I just have a little fun and then move on...oh, I know you don't agree with me on MOST everything...but I still like ya though! :thu: (in a 'non-gay' kinda way that is...)

• Members
Originally posted by kush06

Why am I whining when all I did was turn the tables on the original post I quoted? Turnabout is no longer fair play?

Why does caring about the environment mean I live in a teepee? That's just stupid, and a predictable response. Wheeeeee!!!! Look at me, I don't want mercury in my water, I don't want to breathe asbestos, I'm a liberal hippy! It's easy enough to do the research on how this administration feels (legislates) about the environment, I encourage you to do some yourself.

How can it be too early for me to know what *has* happened? I'll judge the war as I see fit, thank you, but do you really want to argue that the reasons the admin. led us to war were valid? WMD, Iraqi ties to Al-queda? Come on. It was quite obvious when the rationale chagned from "fighting terrorists and al queda" to "liberating a country", which was when they could no longer support their own false claims.

There were so many improprieties and irregularaties in both of the past elections as to warrant serious investigation. Example: it's a documented fact that thousands of votes were "lost" or changed in Ohio, suspicously from Diebold machines the state was required to use. I'll give you sources if you like, since I like to back my statements with fact. There's a {censored}load of data, from the goverments own audits. Won't argue with you about gore losing tennessee though, that *was* pathetic. The rest, I will argue.

It's not surprising many republicans think that Saddam was involved in 911, since many get their "facts" from people like Bill and Rush, which conveniently makes my next point...they're full of {censored} hypocrits that twist the thoughts of their easily manipulated, unthinking listeners. They aren't just actors and entertainers, many, *many* people take what they say as fact, and then turn around and spout it off on places, like, say, an amp forum. Thanks for making my point.

If you think those people are passionate in their search for truth, well, then there's really no arguing with you, since you live in an alternate reality. Search for answers and truth! Here's a gem: O'Reilly falsely claimed Bush didn't oppose 9-11 Commission. O'Reilly defended President George W. Bush from a Kerry-Edwards '04 TV ad highlighting Bush's opposition to creation of the 9-11 Commission by denying that Bush had ever opposed the commission. In fact, Bush did oppose the creation of the 9-11 Commission. (10/21/04)

There were studies done that showed voters who listen to these people were far more uninformed on the issues, as well as the underlying facts dealing with those issues, than people who don't listen. That's just dangerous.

You sound a bit intolerant your own self.

You are right, though, I am intolerant...towards ignorance and intolerance. We do agree completely on one point, though. I want my nugs too.

:cry: Left-Wing Rant :cry:

• Members
Originally posted by rgf

I have presented the question. No one has presented anything of substance that rebuts the analogy. If you believe the two items are not connected, tell me why?

No. You're the one making the argument, it's your job to support it. An analogy is meant to illustrate a point, not to be the fundamental basis for the argument. You have yet to state plain and simple why gay marriage is wrong, or even put forth any sort of basis for the discussion. This is why nobody can "shoot down" anything. You haven't put anything up there and therefore the "analogy" is completely meaningless. I can't very well claim that "the moon is made of cheese because Robin Williams wore yellow in 'Mork and Mindy', I'm right unless you prove me wrong" and expect that to fly.

The 'if it feels good' crowd hasn't faired so well in the past. If you need a history lesson I suggest you read a book.

Whatever. It's a subjective judgement that hasn't been setup with any sort of basis or connection for this discussion.

I'm sure someone has tried it, even though you 'haven't heard of it'. The points that 'pro gay marriage folk' use to support their argument are the same ones that will be used to justify the next step (whatever that might be).

Ah, the "slippery slope" argument :rolleyes: That's not a logical argument against gay marriage (or anything for that matter), that's fear mongering. You don't even know what the "next step" is, but you seem to insinuate that it's bad.

I'm not sure what the state by state age requirements are for marriage, but that wasn't the point.

Well, like I said, I don't know what you're point was.

I'm not even going to dignify the 'did you create us' question with a response. One thing is certain. Homosexuals do not procreate. I believe by defintion that probably wouldn't ensure the survival of the species. It is an interesting question though, they might help in some other instance, but it is beyond me
:confused:

That's right, they just might help in someway that's beyond you. I'm glad you admitted that. Your argument up to that point proclaimed that you knew for absolute fact what was best for mankind which is pretty arrogant and even absurd.

• Members

I think it's funny how you think you can use the tactic of talking down to someone as if you know more than them when you continually lack actual substance to your posts. I can use that with you because #1 I am more educated, #2 I am capable of clearly conveying my ideas and #3 I have SUBSTANCE to my posts.

When you get out of elementary school, I will be the one asking questions of your school board.

So,...you ARE the 'better man'....I will make a note of it!