Goddamn bandmates!!!!

Sty1es

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by creamycomfort

I can totally relate to this post. I'm in a band called Sherlock's Revenge and if it weren't for the great music we have been making I would probably quit. The drummer is EXTREMLY talented but he's also extremly disgusting. He {censored}s in bottles and buckets at band practice and doesn't even wipe his ass. Our old singer was an alcholic and a showboat so we got rid of him. We found a new singer who has an amazing vocal range and is very versatile. Only problem is three weeks after joining he admits to us hes a convicted sex offender. It took us a while to get used to that one... in my experience good singers are VERY hard to find. 'it doesnt bug me really because he's no danger to me but he keeps trying to get us to do a song about little girls and me and the guys always have to find ways to put it off

So your band has {censored}ing pedafile in it? That {censored}s more disgusting than some guy who {censored}s himself.

• Members
Originally posted by Skygooose

So your band has {censored}ing pedafile in it? That {censored}s more disgusting than some guy who {censored}s himself.

just cause he is a sex offender doesn't automaticly mean hes a pedo.

he could have sexually harassed a co-worker, or just looked at some girl wrong.
its easier than you think to get on that stupid list these days.

i'm not on it luckily. :thu:

• Members
Originally posted by JimAnsell

i'm not on it luckily.
:thu:

err... so how did *he* get on the list?

• Members

My last cover band was doing FANTASTIC - getting those cherry gigs where you get paid $5k in Reno and Vegas and even in SF!

Our gig schedule was booked solid for nine months.

And then it happened...

Our singer married the daughter of an extremely wealthy man...and then he backed out. He backed out because he no longer had to work ever again and wanted to travel the world (he is in Japan right now).

I f*cking hate that guy! :mad:

Finding someone to replace him has been impossible (heck, you watch Supernova...plenty of {censored}ty singers out there)

• Members

i'm not on it luckily.

he said he wanted to write songs about little girls, that points to being a ped. Granted we dont know the full story, but its not a great sign

James

• Members
Originally posted by mistersully

my pet hate is when a band member isn't a great player.. but is getting there slowly.. because of this they're insecure... and {censored} everything up for everyone else

Oh, don't I know it. I HATE working with amatures.

The guitarist in my last band sucked balls, but promised to give 100% all the time.

3 months later he's still struggling to play the first riff to our first song ever. But god forbid we'd say something, or his "feelings" would get hurt again. But he's bitching about every god damn bassline, guitarline, vocal line and drumbeat.

He also played a 1300 dollar jazzmaster through 250.000 effects (among which some ZOOM stuff and an ibanez distortion) into a Line 6 spider II. I'll never be the same person ever again after hearing such noise. But don't tell him that! or his feelings will get hurt again :love:

Never again, no progress at all with people like that

• Members

I can totally relate to this post. I'm in a band called Sherlock's Revenge and if it weren't for the great music we have been making I would probably quit. The drummer is EXTREMLY talented but he's also extremly disgusting. He {censored}s in bottles and buckets at band practice and doesn't even wipe his ass. Our old singer was an alcholic and a showboat so we got rid of him. We found a new singer who has an amazing vocal range and is very versatile. Only problem is three weeks after joining he admits to us hes a convicted sex offender. It took us a while to get used to that one... in my experience good singers are VERY hard to find. 'it doesnt bug me really because he's no danger to me but he keeps trying to get us to do a song about little girls and me and the guys always have to find ways to put it off

HAHAHAA!!! :D

• Members

SWEET! The guitarists shrink thread.

Drummer: Never practices ever outside band practice. Messes up every song usually in the same place. Does not know how fast or slow the count in for songs should be. So the songs are either too fast or too slow. Has turned me into a nag. I don;t want to be a nag. I don;t want to tell him to clean up the studio every time I meet him.

The best parts...Live, he will keep on playing the song when everyone else has finished. Or better still, stop before the end. then come back in. On the place we were supposed to stop.

His catchphrase: "I know"

Me: There are 3 reps of this riff then we stop

Him: I know

(cue 4 rep f up)

We need toi clean the studio tonight:

"I know"

(cue him making plans to go out that night)

I love him to death but he is not puttng any effort into it and its become frustrating.

The bass player:

The best musician of the group. Flawless. Can be really opinionated and tells the poor drummer and singer how crap their ideas are. Its pretty funny to watch actually.

The singer pianist: Great songwriter, nice dude, very driven, too driven! We just finished recording an album and now he wants to record another. I am like...dude...Can we at least promote this one first! He does mess up on the keys a lot. But he is pretty new.

My band are all talk. They talk a good game but always just end up playing computer games when they should be kicking ass and promoting.

But when we get it right live...They all collectivley kick ass. I suppose I have it good.

Ahh..Thats better.

I did tell the drummer that I was going to slack as much as he did. And I will put just as much effort as he is right now because I want to work on my metal band. Lets hope he gets that fire lit under his ass.

• Members

Yeah, it's quite disgusting. The craziest part is he will {censored} mid song. He gets those big 40 ounce bottles that you drink malt liquor out of and breaks the top off. He has a drummer stool rigged with a big hole in it so he can {censored} into the bottle whilst playing. He says this actually relaxes him and helps him play better. We rehearse in a big disused building and im usually about 10 feet away from him so the smell isn't too overwhelming but it's still a nasty habbit. Honestly though, this guy is literally a percussion genius. He went to julliard for a bit and he was a child prodigy on drums. Alot of other bands in the local area have tried to snag him but had no luck. Luckily he is quite normal when we play in gigs but during practice he just makes us put up with it. To say he is eccentric would be an understatement but he's well worth it... I think

LOL!:eek:

So does he have a hole in the back of his shorts too? Or does he not bother to wear any?:eek:

If he wanted buttsex would you guys give it to him? I mean come on, hes a great drummer and you dont want to lose him right? You sick {censored}ers!

• Members

Originally posted by AgentOrange

he said he wanted to write songs about little girls, that points to being a ped. Granted we dont know the full story, but its not a great sign

James

Ah. So that is what Kip Winger is doing these days.

"She's only seventeeenn"

• Members

you think you have problems our guitar player always farts alot!!!! he is always sticking his finger up his bum and runs around the stage chasing us down to wipe his smelly finger on our upper lip and noses. he is fat bald 45 yrs old thinks he is gods gift to woman but he is an amazing musician

• Members

I think you should change the band name to "PedaPooper"...:thu:

• Members

{censored} metalcore mang!

i say get out and do your own thing before that trend dies.

you're tone and playing were top notch though

LOL, a 5150ii through a Senn 421, 609, SM57, and a Sony C800G (a $6000 condenser) into neve pre's, and then mixed on an SSL with API graphic EQs on the guitar will do that to your tone. All the leads were done DI with Amp Farm, but then run through the Neves and then of course mixed through the SSL. You can make anything sound good with that kinda gear :thu:

I'd like to do my own thing, and I probably will. I havn't really even been listening to metal lately, ever since i picked up the EJ dvd (and then the pink floyd dvd) I tuned back up to E and have been playing "real" guitar again. It feels nice.

• Members

by the way.... holy {censored}.

pick axes through corvette hoods?

{censored} all that.

i'd rather woodshed it with a les paul and a bottle of crown.

Yeah man. Right through the hood of a brand new 'vette. Rediculous.

Archived