Goddamn bandmates!!!!

Sty1es

• Members
Originally posted by mistersully

my pet hate is when a band member isn't a great player.. but is getting there slowly.. because of this they're insecure... and {censored} everything up for everyone else

Worse than that is a player who is great and knows that you will have a {censored}ing hard time replacing him and acts accordingly.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

oh and his mobile phone rings every 10 minutes at rehearsals, he answers it, text messages, leaves the room while we all look at each other shaking our heads. I'm going to stick it up his ass sideways if it continues. But ten again, he'd probably set it to vibrate and enjoy the sensation while he writes his little Inflames riffs.

• Members

How about a drummer that swears up and down he's committed to the band through the rest of the year, promises he'll get a passport so you can go on a USO tour that has already been offered to you making 250.00/day, and because of his promise you drop a good job and move 900 miles to play with the band because everyone has promised to give it 100% until the end of the year, then suddenly the drummer starts making excuses as to why he doesn't have his passport yet, then 3 months later he still doesn't have it and one week before weeklong trip with several gigs scheduled he says he's no longer into music and walks out forcing you to cancel a {censored}load of gigs and end up sitting at home unemployed and broke and with the band at a complete standstill and having to cancel even more gigs because he lied about his committment to the band? So now you're 900 miles away from home, can't go back until the end of the year (I rented out a condo I own..at a 300/mo loss), and the band has come to a complete standstill and actually moved backwards because now some venues and booking agents have you on their {censored} list and won't book you anymore because you cancel shows at the last minute.... Oh..and after all is said and done and he claims he's no longer into music, you come to find out that he's playing in another band.

Quite possibly the biggest ass{censored}ing I've ever gotten from a musician. Yeah, I'm over it now but it's still an assreaming I'm not likely to forget.

• Members

Originally posted by Bradman006

oh and his mobile phone rings every 10 minutes at rehearsals, he answers it, text messages, leaves the room while we all look at each other shaking our heads. I'm going to stick it up his ass sideways if it continues. But ten again, he'd probably set it to vibrate and enjoy the sensation while he writes his little Inflames riffs.

You just described our drummer. In fact it happened last night at band practice 3 or 4 times.

• Members

Originally posted by tsunamijesus

my bands other guitarist uses a mode 4.

i win

EDIT: besides guitarman. hes wins by a long shot, and im sorry to hear such a sad story. thats worse than puppies with cancer IMO

the guy im playing with now uses his metal zone for tone instead of the laneys distortion. its not that bad and hes pretty enthusiastic so its just gona take some "hints" on my behalf.

last band were all best friends. {censored}ers all stabbed me in the back because i had drive and they didnt. cunts. i moved onto bigger and better things they od'd got there gf's pregnant and generally failed at life.

• Members

Originally posted by CaseyMAN

Want to start something.. I played a couple shows with you guys.

Isn't your singer an X-Cokehead.. he used to be in promise falls right?

Hah! Even people on the internet know about our singer's coke habits. Incredible!

I'm not looking to start another project right now, I'm taking some time off from playing music due to legal problems...and can't really associate with that crowd for a little bit.

But I'll keep it in mind, thanks for the offer man. What band were you in?

• Members

Originally posted by JimAnsell

i'm at a party right now stLyes and i found a white labled cdr that said "I KILL JACK" on it!

i put it in and dude, can that singer man.

you wanna pigeon hole yourself as another metalcore band?!?!!?

the cd belonged to a 15 year old girl and her and her friend told me "yeah, their singer is hot!!!"

i was like "eeeeeeeeeeh boy!"

No {censored}? Thats {censored}ing hillarious...flattering in a way. I wouldn't care to be pigeonholed if I could cash in on it, but it's been a losing battle pretty much since the beginning.

• Members
Originally posted by guitarded_1

I have been in so many bands and dealt with so much crap that I am very happy right now to not be in a band. I made the mistake of trying to make a living out of it. I landed a good job in commercial real estate this week, and God Damn, it feels good to get a steady paycheck! I love music, but I can no longer deal with band drama.

good luck with your new job man. I've listened to the few links you've posted and your playing was excellent. :cool:

• Members

'Lets just practice once now, and then once the morning of the gig, were good enough right? Its what weve always done before?'

This isnt even a proper band, just a group of mates doing something for my buds 21st, but every gig ive played with these guys has had the bare minimum of practices and then we wonder why things arent so tight when we get to play. Weve had two practices, and were gonna have one tommorow, we havnt played with the singer whos going to be playing with us tommorow and as well as my buds 21st, its his parents wedding anniversary .... can anyone here spell trainwreck?

We'll probably muddle through it and itll go ok, but for once id like to play a show that went really well, rather than one we just about got through.

James

• Members

I can totally relate to this post. I'm in a band called Sherlock's Revenge and if it weren't for the great music we have been making I would probably quit. The drummer is EXTREMLY talented but he's also extremly disgusting. He {censored}s in bottles and buckets at band practice and doesn't even wipe his ass. Our old singer was an alcholic and a showboat so we got rid of him. We found a new singer who has an amazing vocal range and is very versatile. Only problem is three weeks after joining he admits to us hes a convicted sex offender. It took us a while to get used to that one... in my experience good singers are VERY hard to find. 'it doesnt bug me really because he's no danger to me but he keeps trying to get us to do a song about little girls and me and the guys always have to find ways to put it off

• Members
Originally posted by ZomBiE DinkLE

good luck with your new job man. I've listened to the few links you've posted and your playing was excellent.
:cool:

Yeah, my playing is pretty good...FOR ME TO POOP ON!!!!!

Thanks for the kind words. I do appreciate it.

• Members

Originally posted by creamycomfort

I can totally relate to this post. I'm in a band called Sherlock's Revenge and if it weren't for the great music we have been making I would probably quit. The drummer is EXTREMLY talented but he's also extremly disgusting. He {censored}s in bottles and buckets at band practice and doesn't even wipe his ass. Our old singer was an alcholic and a showboat so we got rid of him. We found a new singer who has an amazing vocal range and is very versatile. Only problem is three weeks after joining he admits to us hes a convicted sex offender. It took us a while to get used to that one... in my experience good singers are VERY hard to find. 'it doesnt bug me really because he's no danger to me but he keeps trying to get us to do a song about little girls and me and the guys always have to find ways to put it off

dude....

not cool, sounds like youre between a rock and a hard place, or at the very least, a bucket of {censored} and a hard on

James

• Members

Originally posted by AgentOrange

dude....

not cool, sounds like youre between a rock and a hard place, or at the very least, a bucket of {censored} and a hard on

James

Yeah, it's quite disgusting. The craziest part is he will {censored} mid song. He gets those big 40 ounce bottles that you drink malt liquor out of and breaks the top off. He has a drummer stool rigged with a big hole in it so he can {censored} into the bottle whilst playing. He says this actually relaxes him and helps him play better. We rehearse in a big disused building and im usually about 10 feet away from him so the smell isn't too overwhelming but it's still a nasty habbit. Honestly though, this guy is literally a percussion genius. He went to julliard for a bit and he was a child prodigy on drums. Alot of other bands in the local area have tried to snag him but had no luck. Luckily he is quite normal when we play in gigs but during practice he just makes us put up with it. To say he is eccentric would be an understatement but he's well worth it... I think

• Members

Yeah, it's quite disgusting. The craziest part is he will {censored} mid song. He gets those big 40 ounce bottles that you drink malt liquor out of and breaks the top off. He has a drummer stool rigged with a big hole in it so he can {censored} into the bottle whilst playing. He says this actually relaxes him and helps him play better. We rehearse in a big disused building and im usually about 10 feet away from him so the smell isn't too overwhelming but it's still a nasty habbit.

WTF?? :freak: :freak:

• Members
Originally posted by Z_Zoquis

WTF??
:freak:
:freak:

I know it seems pretty outragious at first but You get used to it. He is actually an awesome band-mate other then this one MAJORLY disgusting thing. He's very considerate, always willing to take suggestions is willing to do whatever it takes to help out the band.

• Members
Originally posted by Sty1es

No {censored}? Thats {censored}ing hillarious...flattering in a way. I wouldn't care to be pigeonholed if I could cash in on it, but it's been a losing battle pretty much since the beginning.

{censored} metalcore mang!
i say get out and do your own thing before that trend dies.

you're tone and playing were top notch though :thu:

• Members
Originally posted by Sty1es

This is a thread where you can vent your frustrations about bandmates who piss you off.

Here's to all the time wasted due to incompetant bandmates who would rather sit around than practice, have excuses for everything, are compulsive liars, can't balance the band with their relationship, do coke, are alcoholics, trade your DVDs in for cigarette money, smoke your stash, eat your food (even though if they had just asked it wouldnt have been a big deal), wear your clothes without you ever knowing they had them in the first place, get you arrested for their actions, are so wasted and have nothing better to do so they go into a neighboring rich subdivision and put pick-axes through corvette hoods, steal other peoples' equipment, {censored} up your gear without taking responsibility, are too obssessed with showmanship that they forget about performance quality, {censored} ugly bitches and then complain about it, and all around sociopathy and disrespect for everyone and everything around them.

{censored} you!
:mad:

by the way.... holy {censored}.
pick axes through corvette hoods?
{censored} all that.
i'd rather woodshed it with a les paul and a bottle of crown. :thu:

the guys i'm with now are decent people.
our old drummer was a 20 something teenage burn out.
lived in his own filth in his parents basement.
man, if i'd only taken photos of that dump, the city would have had it condemed.

• Members

He has a drummer stool rigged with a big hole in it so he can {censored} into the bottle whilst playing. He says this actually relaxes him and helps him play better.

The guy has issues. The only people who {censored} whenever the urge arises are babies, the eldery and people suffering with colitis. This guy is one of those three.

Honestly though, this guy is literally a percussion genius. He went to julliard for a bit and he was a child prodigy on drums. Alot of other bands in the local area have tried to snag him but had no luck.

No wonder the guy {censored}s wherever he is. He's obviously convinced his {censored} don't stink!

Luckily he is quite normal when we play in gigs but during practice he just makes us put up with it. To say he is eccentric would be an understatement but he's well worth it... I think

If you're signed to a lable and touring constantly, then it's worth it. I'd look for a new drummer because {censored} like that is intolerable (no pun intended).

• Members

Clearly G.G. Allin is one of the most influential artists of the past century:freak: :freak: :freak:

Archived