How are Meshuggah anything other than a complete mess

FWAxeIbanez

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by Strapping_Young_Lad

i dont understand what your trying to say?

Originally posted by sysera

I have this entire show on tape and it's one of my favorite live performances ever, even the low recording quality considered.

If you don't like it, you don't like it. I don't like a lot of things, but if I spent all the time to make a thread about each one of them, I'd have to kill myself.

I'm pretty sure he's giving giving them praise for being able to remember all their music and keep it all tight.

• Members

Originally posted by Megadeth7684

I wish they would start playing real amps instead of a POD or Vetta, whatever they use.

Meh, i quite like their tone. But then i couldn't really tell the difference when tunning that low. They need to tightness i guess.

• Members

Yeah, it's hard to imagine that this band can be tight live!!

My favorite song is Future Breed Machine, at some point it sounds like they're just banging on guitars and drums anyway they like, but if you listen carefully it's actually all thought out and {censored}ing tight!!

One of their favorite trick is doing a riff in li ke 9/8 or 7/8 (or 33/48!) and the drummer will play it like it's a 4/4. This just messes with your mind. :thu:

• Members

Originally posted by rushtallica

I'm pretty sure he's giving giving them praise for being able to remember all their music and keep it all tight.

I agree, I think I might have misinterpreted his post as sarcastic somehow.

• Members

Yes, this is a praise thread... I have thought about trying to learn some huggah but I don't know where to start and I don't think I could remember all the starts and stops in the entire song...

haha, I'd probably end up learning most of it and faking a great deal of the middle

and Meshuggah's drummer rarely steps out of 4/4 timing, thats why it's such a mind{censored}

• Members

Originally posted by code_blue

I have never been impressed at all by them.

Other than the odd time changes, they sound kind of like watered down nu-metal with the GodSmack vocalist.

I could never get into them either. It's been a while since I've listened to them, so maybe I'll give 'em another shot sometime.

• Members

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6704902929780487868&q=meshuggah+live

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qcM1iemEqTI&search=meshuggah

They put on a great live show, what makes them great is that they play odd timings but the riffs still have great feel and you want to move along with it, even if the timing is {censored}ed. I suspect they are huge stoners, just like SunnO))) who also keep it tight although they're completely different. With Sunn it's amazing they they remember to play a note every 30 seconds, where it's the opposite with Meshuggah.

Archived