Compulsive sellers: What will you never sell?

Lucius

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
pinkiemx6.jpg

I thought my Road King was off limits, but Ialmost sold my Road King this past week to get a Dr. Z amp and some pedals..... then I played a show with it and realized that I'll never find that tone again. So for now the RK is safe, but ya never know..... but the pink guitar will always be a keeper..... How do I know? I had one that I sold about 13 years ago and I now play in a band with the friend that bought it and I miss that thing every time I see it, so I had to get another one. I've also changed all the electronics in it and put a different neck on it so it plays and sounds like a dream, a wet dream!

• Members

I've only held on to two pieces of gear for more than two years (one's lasted 8 years, the other's lasted 4 or 5).

My Musicman Stingray will be two years in January, but other than that, my Carvin DCM1000 and my first bass and Ibanez GSR200, are the only things I've held onto for a while.

• Members

My 5150 and two of my Jackson Rhoads V's.

One V has Spongebob on the front and Patrick Star on the back, and is in standard tuning. The other has Krusty the Clown on the front, Otto the busdriver on the back, and is kept detuned a half step. Anyone who plays either one is usually blown away. I have another Rhoads V and a few other guitars that are comparabe, but none of those is "untouchable" like my two babies.

The 5150 just has that magic, I have A/B'd it against a number of other 5150's and everyone agrees that mine slays theirs, for whatever reason. As much as I love my Mesa's, I'd part with either of them if the right deal came along, but I will own that 5150 until I am dead in the ground. In fact, I'm thinking I might have it buried with me.

• Members
Originally posted by Megadeth7684

:cry:

My Iron Maiden Strat isn't gong anywhere, despite what all you people think.
:D

ced92c38.jpg

Nice. I was trying to get one just as Fender were discontinuing them. I never managed to get hold of one and ended up with an LP instead :o

I have a hard time parting with most of my gear :o

• Members

I don't usually sell something I like even if it was an emergency, I'd be figuring something else out.

So far, all my guitars are staying with me...and probably the VHT UL :D

my randall practice amp I wouldn't really miss it, same with the podXT

• Members
Originally posted by sekler

I don't usually sell something I like even if it was an emergency, I'd be figuring something else out.

So far, all my guitars are staying with me...and probably the VHT UL
:D
I'm more a guit guy than an amp guy..my guitars kinda have more sentimental value.

my randall practice amp I wouldn't really miss it, same with the podXT

• Members

My tiny collection of Alvarez Dana Scoop guitars.
My vintage MXR distortion+ pedals.

And nothing my dad bought for me as a gift. (ibanez roadstar II among others)

Anything else can go. Since I"m not in a band anymore ... its kind of stupid for me to keep 70% of the {censored} i have.

• Members

My Esp Eclipse Best guitar i have ever owned. Beats any Lp i have played or owned.I play it for 3 weeks straight and it keeps the same tuning down to the exact pitch without retuning at any point. Sounds great and Meaty! And its only 4 lbs

DSC00012.jpg

• Members

My Fender Concord acoustic... first guitar I ever bought myself and the guitar I wrote some of my first guitar oriented songs on.

My Dean Dao acoustic... my mom bought it for me one year when she really couldn't afford it. Its my main guitar and I upgraded the nuts, saddles. and bridgepins and will upgrade the pre next. I've written about 50 songs on it in the three years I've had it, and it has seen coffeehouses and hotelrooms all around the US.

My Alvarez bass. Don't know what model it is, and right now it needs a new jack, but it's got some some battle scars from 5 years of bass playing duties in pnk, metal, and jazz bands.

My Dean V Select. Wanted one ever since they came out and finely got this one from a friend. It already had EMGs in it, which is what i would have done anyway. Best neck I've ever played on a sub 2k guitar.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members
Originally posted by hatata

My Esp Eclipse Best guitar i have ever owned. Beats any Lp i have played or owned.I play it for 3 weeks straight and it keeps the same tuning down to the exact pitch without retuning at any point. Sounds great and Meaty! And its only 4 lbs

DSC00012.jpg

Thats my next purchase!:thu: .

Hey Seraph. I sold that preamp to a buddy a while back lol! Cheers Lucius

• Members

I think most people would sell just about anything, as long as they found something else that does the same thing better.

But, for starters, I'd never sell my FrankenTele. Since parts guitars generally don't have much resale value, I wouldn't get much for it, and it would be hard to replace.

I would never sell my Fulltone CS mini Deja Vibe. It's the one in the tall silver box. Can't get them anymore, although the same circuit is in their standard mini DV now.

I also would not be without a Fulldrive 2 (I currently have 2), at least unless I found something that did what it does better.

• Members

Originally posted by jonny toetags

Everything in my sig.

I have been through alot of gear and this is what made it.

there's nothing in your sig.

as for me i'm not really a compulsive seller but i'd never sell any of my guitars.

Archived