September new gear thread

Tomkeen

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

PPM1012_FRONT-Slant.jpg

Bought it to power a pair of Bose 802's. However, my plan is now to sell the 802's (which hold a surprisingly high ebay value) and then buy a modern replacement. Something like the Wharfedale Titan 12's. I'll probably have money left over to go towards my next keyboard purchase... still saving for the Nord Piano.

• Members

Tell me what you think of the piano and EPs on the N1R, Tom.

I'm wondering if it might be worth flipping my NS5R for one, but the pianos and EPs are really the actual improvement.

To be honest, they are nothing to write home about. Pianos sound kinda artificial, EPs are typical korg: flashy dyno-y rhodes and very useable wurlies. The pianos in your fusion are way better obviously, but I think the Korgs pianos could be very useful in a band.

Best stuff in this box is synths, pads, strings :D

• Members

To be honest, they are nothing to write home about. Pianos sound kinda artificial, EPs are typical korg: flashy dyno-y rhodes and very useable wurlies. The pianos in your fusion are way better obviously, but I think the Korgs pianos could be very useful in a band.

Best stuff in this box is synths, pads, strings
:D

Yeah I love the synths pads & strings in my NS5R, which are the same as the N1R.

I'm thinking that live I might want a module to play with my A-90 with piano/strings, to leave the Fusion for sequenced stuff plus synths and orchestral sounds... I'm probably better off with a Motif ES Rack, though.

• Members

i bought expert sleepers new euro module interface for sequencing and modulating my CV gear. ES-1 coupled wiht their AC Encoder plugin, allows audio interfaces that aren't DC-coupled to be used for DC Audio. also it has DC Offset trim, and voltage amplification. so its suitable for MOTU interfaces as well (As it can pump out more volts than they can):

4623553347_67d5d0f45c_z.jpg

siwamontage.png

Expert Sleepers - ES-1 Audio/CV Interface

Expert Sleepers - Silent Way

and that concludes September, ladies and gentlemen..

Archived