September new gear thread

Tomkeen

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

after a good while without buying anything other than an iPad, this month the studio grows in all kinds of ways.

so far:

web-banner2-750x60-copy.jpg

... although i've decided i like sampling videogame sounds into Kontakt more than i like using chipsounds.

i got this used for about $20 shipped from musiciansfriend for my Rhodes/Clavinet:

456626.jpg

and this little guy for my modular:

200e_285e.jpg

... and a couple other surprises.

• Members

Figured it was time for my first microphone (for recording my amp and other stuff). So I snagged one of these from Best Buy:

shure-sm57-1.jpg

Ended up getting a good deal on it along with this:

76599_p.jpg

Haven't opened Reason 5 yet though, thinking about taking it back.. anyone else made the upgrade? Reports?

• Members

Apologies!

Purchased one of these the other day. Didn't last long on me though.

Doner%20Layout-Lamb-Small.gif

Bought my brother a tuner pedal for his birthday, and a laptop stand for my tuner. Apart from these tiny purchases, in the music instruments regard I probably belong in the 'no gear' thread.

• Members

What do you think of this controller? I went to their forums once, and folks who had them were telling others to stay away due to bugs in the firmware and lack of support from the manufacturer.

Well it's only been a couple of days since I got it (used). everything works well so far. didn't encounter any bugs

• Members

:facepalm:
Posting her photos in KSS is tantamount to Godwinning a thread. Brace yourselves...

gosh, there's a blast from the past.

i see she got a visit from the Don himself:

DBandA_crop2_small.jpg

Don had with him the head of his Thunder II drum controller, and showed me its marvelous sensitivity.

fnarr, fnarr. :lol:;)

http://www.cikira.com/visit/buchla/

Archived