WOT: Comedians

FWAxeIbanez

• Members

Originally posted by LaXu

I've never understood the ranting "comedians" like Lewis Black. IMO his stuff isn't really funny at all, he's just ranting.

I dunno, if done well (Black, Hicks) it's gold. If done poorly, eh.

But, different strokes. I personally think Dane Cook is the anti-christ of funny, and and Zach Galifinakis (I don't like him enough to bother spelling his name correctly) is only one step behind him.

Eye of the beerholder, I guess.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by FWAxeIbanez

I've been meaning to check this guy out... is it you that was putting quotes of him in your sig? I laughed everytime I saw them

That's me and some other guy putting Hedberg quotes in our sigs. I think he'll be my favorite comedian until I die. It's a shame he died so early.

Here's a few videos. Be sure to check out his CDs, too. I think I may give those a listen right now actually.

http://youtube.com/results?search_query=mitch+hedberg

• Members
Originally posted by xbryanx

dane cook is so overrated, being from boston i think ive heard dane cook quoted at least 2 times every day of my life. i like his stuff, but i think theres way better out there.

mitch hedburg was the greatest. too bad he loved drugs way too much:(

others on my list: zach gilafunkus, dimitri martin, nick swardson, jeff dunham

i'm in complete agreement about cook, hedburg, zack g, martin, and swardson, so i think i'll have to check out jeff dunham. :thu:

• Members

Originally posted by jshaft37

dane cook sucks ass. pablo fransisco isn't funny at all, he's just good at voices. carlos mencia is the worst comedian of all time. he's absolutely hated by other comedians as well.

wrong. dane cook is one of/if not the best, pablo francisco is hilarious and carlos mencia is too plus he just kicks ass. thanks for your incorrect opinions

• Members

Originally posted by Stratotone

Bill Hicks was the king.

All hail the king!!!

David Cross is one of my favorites...

Joe Rogan is good too. Dou Stanhope is alright I guess. Some of his stuff is hit or miss.

Doug Benson is alright. Bill Burr is pretty funny.

Chappelle obviously rules.

Louis CK

....There are a lot of good comedians out there.

• Members
Originally posted by 6StringGod

wrong. dane cook is one of/if not the best, pablo francisco is hilarious and carlos mencia is too plus he just kicks ass. thanks for your incorrect opinions

Dane Cook is ok at times, Francisco is pretty average, and Carlos Mencia is pure {censored}.

• Members

Man, I can't believe people actually like Carlos Mencia... he is a {censored}in racial joke hack... every 3rd word that comes out of his mouth is beaner, every joke somehow ties in to his beanerdom; he's a one trick pony, and that trick is not a very funny one. We get it, race _____ is racial stereotype ______ , die in a fire already :idea:
I hear he steals his material from other comics, too.

Archived