WOT: Comedians

FWAxeIbanez

• Members

So I just watched Dane Cook's Vicious Circle and I was thinkin about the other comedians I know of... I'm not someone that knows a lot of them, so I thought I'd mention some that I like and check out some that others like.

First up is Demetri Martin. I caught this guy on accident just flippin through channels and managed to remember his name like 2 years later... here's a Youtube clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GydbEUAA5Mg

it's a tad slow towards the middle, and it's kinda random, but it still got me laughin pretty hard. I like when they pick on things we take for granted, and tweak social "givens" (although Carlin can take it a bit too far, especially these days)

Who do you guys like? Some Youtube Clippage would be appreciated too. :thu:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I like Mitch Hedberg, Bill Hicks, old George Carlin (his new stuff is painfully bad, but he's damn old now, what can ya do), Doug Stanhope... people sometimes bash Dane Cook but he makes me laugh; Jim Norton is hysterical on the radio, and Brian Regan is one of the few comedians who can be funny while being completely clean.

• Members

They say that "I'm sorry" is the same as saying "I apologize"

but not at a funeral...

hahahaha, more Demetri Martin... I've been clicking on a ton of youtube stuff and he does a lot of stuff with a guitar. It kinda helps with the whole randomness thing. I normally like something more structured, but this kid is just too {censored}in smart, and it cracks me up.

Every fight is a food fight, if you're a cannibal.

• Members

Originally posted by FWAxeIbanez

They say that "I'm sorry" is the same as saying "I apologize"

but not at a funeral...

hahahaha, more Demetri Martin... I've been clicking on a ton of youtube stuff and he does a lot of stuff with a guitar. It kinda helps with the whole randomness thing. I normally like something more structured, but this kid is just too {censored}in smart, and it cracks me up.

Every fight is a food fight, if you're a cannibal.

Denis Leary. His two DVD's - No Cure for Cancer and Lock n Load are AWESOME! I like LNL better but theyre both great.

Bill Hicks is also great, Billy Connolly and Robin Williams Live on Broadway had me pissing my pants!

• Members

dane cook is so overrated, being from boston i think ive heard dane cook quoted at least 2 times every day of my life. i like his stuff, but i think theres way better out there.

mitch hedburg was the greatest. too bad he loved drugs way too much:(

others on my list: zach gilafunkus, dimitri martin, nick swardson, jeff dunham

• Members

George Carlin, Patton Oswalt, Brian Poshen, Billy Connolly, Eddy Izzard, Jasper Carrot, David Cross, Brian Regan, David Spade (his standup is pretty good, actually), Lewis Black, Paul Mooney, Robert Schimmel, Rodney Carrington (who is about the only "redneck" comedian I can stand), Richard Pryor, Lenny Bruce, Steve Martin (his standup ranges from {censored}ing killer to decent), Bill Hicks,

and so on. I'm a big fan of standup.

Archived