WOT: Comedians

FWAxeIbanez

• Members
Originally posted by blargh

Man, I can't believe people actually like Carlos Mencia... he is a {censored}in racial joke hack... every 3rd word that comes out of his mouth is beaner, every joke somehow ties in to his beanerdom; he's a one trick pony, and that trick is not a very funny one. We get it, race _____ is racial stereotype ______ , die in a fire already
:idea:
I hear he steals his material from other comics, too.

Yes he indeed does suck it hard.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

After reading your 'different strokes' posts in regards to Black and Cook..

I'm one of the few who like them all I guess.

Lewis Black is one of my favorites...and after seeing some of Dane Cook he's pretty funny too. Both different types of comedians indeed..

I watch Carlos' show, but I do agree that he is {censored}. He goes on about 'not caring if he offends' but his attitude towards it makes him just seems fake..

I'm listening to Lewis Black - Rules of Enragement now..and on that notes...I'm going to laugh myself to sleep.

:wave:

• Members

Cooks earlier stuff was on the lame side, but that whole Vicious Circle special and a couple of clips I've seen of more recent bits are awesome. He's a smart guy, you have to give him that.

I looked up Dennis Leary, and I got a few laughs out of his Coke bit, but youtube has about 90 gajillion versions of some song he did called "I'm an asshole" and wading through them all managed to drown my curiousity.

I looked up Kinison and laughed pretty hard. Galifinaikis or how ever you spell it, had his moments but of the several clips I saw, he seemed like a really depressed and cynical alcoholic.

Hedburg's delivery throws me off, but I end up enjoying it when everything is said and done.

you guys have anything else?

• Members

I dunno about the comments on carlos mencia. man, the first few shows I saw of his when his show first debuted.. I thought he sucked and they were not funny at all, but the last few times i've seen them.. the most recent episodes... holy {censored}. {censored}ing hilarious. :D

chapelle is a god, of course.

david cross is funny.

david spaide is pretty damn funny too.

pablo francisco, as already said, is hilarious.

lewis black is awesome.

dave attel is great sometimes, and not so great at other times

edit: oh and p.s., I still think old eddie murphy and chris rock stand up shows are {censored}ing hilarious.

Archived