The Total Amp Guts Appreciation Thread ! 1!!

The Evil Dr. X

• Members

I got my arse around to drilling out this Park 1231 chassis from its cab earlier so I took a pic for you guts fans.

ParkGuts03.jpg

I won't bore you with the full story but I somehow managed to knock myself out cold from this procedure (not by being shocked). I came around lying on my back wondering what the {censored} was going on. Luckily my nose is already bust. :love:

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

ok boys, now here is a Traynor YBA-1A !!! This amp ROCKS !!! ! It sounds just about like a Marshall ....only it has much more clean headroom to start out before all HELL breaks loose !! Built like a TANK with hardened steel hardware, BIG BEEFY Hammond transformers and it's a GREAT design ....... just like a car... need to service it?
:confused:
..... just PoP the TOP and there ya have it !!! ! plus the schematic is right on the underside of the hood ! !
:love:

This thing is a HEAVY amp .... don't let the size fool you
:o

30vjbqq.jpg

:eek:

I never new Traynors opened up like that, cool.

But what's that tagboard made out of? Full grain leather?;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

The little-known Guytron GT100 (that huge 50v 4700uF Marcon was a replacement for the original DC heater cap that popped; I guess my tech couldn't get it to fit properly...):

guytron1.jpg

guytron2.jpg

:D

Man those were a pain to build..............Guy, as much as he was an awsome dude and true Amp Guru could be a pain in the ass perfectionist!!! You can always tell the difference between the detroit amp builders from the rest....They all tend to use red auto touch up paint.:D

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

bumped cause this thread is great.

sorry if I posted these before - the search keeps freezing my browser for some reason.

1965 AA 165 Fender Bassman, which has been rebuilt as you can see:

aa165he1.th.png

a rather crappy pic of my 1981 Mesa Boogie Mark IIB head (which is completely stock:

mkiibfn1.png

1972 Traynor Bassmaster:

bm1go8.jpg

bm2pd9.jpg

• Members

140guts.JPG

Fender 140
:freak:

Yeah no {censored}. I fixed once of those pieces of {censored} one time, it was a total nightmare. Those things look like someone fed electronic parts and wire pieces to a goat and let it {censored} inside an amp chassis.

YUCK. Never again will I touch one of those.

Archived