The Total Amp Guts Appreciation Thread ! 1!!

The Evil Dr. X

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Members

as far as the orange goes, just because its PCB you cant automatically label it {censored}ty. its very clean when you get a look at it. and everythign is super solid in there. nothing will come lose anytime soon. VERY well put together for a PCB setup. but all of the handwired stuff (OR50, anything custom shop) is of course done with flying leads. this thing, while PCB mounted, uses ceramic sockets, gold jacks, etc. and hell, it sounds great. but to be brutally honest, i did sort of expect some more awesomeness in there when i opened her up. modern age, i guess. with an amp like this you are paying for features and design rather than simplicity i guess. it is a modern amp, after all.

• Members
Wow, that Mesa looks like a nightmare

Hence the filename ;)

hrbm6o.jpg

That thing took all day to fix. Such a massive job. The tech that fixed it, kept the old board and the photos so he has a reference for future jobs with MarkIV amps (he's a qualified Mesa/Boogie tech but I guess does more of the older MarkI amps and Recto/Lonestar etc.). Although it was a headache he said he was glad to experience it.

Your Deluxe Reverb looks cool :cool:

Archived