Orange conglomerate.

duncan

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

damnit i kinda wanted one. not as much as i want an AD140 though or an OR80. me wants clean headroom!!!

I don't know if it's official or not.

It might be, because of the whole 40th anniversary/2008 thing..

If you're interested BTW

http://www.vintageamps.com/plexiboard/viewtopic.php?t=80019

Somewhat pricey for what it is though..

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

gregovertone...tell me about that amp. I've seen very few of them. they were made not long before orange went out of business in the late 70's, i think...but that's all i know

i really shouldn't have done this, but...

P1000622.jpg

Recent purchase...that's from around '78. I have an earlier one, but something's seriously wrong with it.

i'll get a group pic once i have them in the same place...ones at the tech now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

FYI.

I dropped my vvri off at this tech today and he had an AD30TC on the bench. Asked him about it....sayts he sees {censored}loads of them. Apparently there some thin cable that burns out fairly often. Says it's bombproof once replaced.

Never had a problem with my single channel.

Just an FYI.

• Members

Could anyone who owns a 212 orange cabinet photograph the inside of the cabinet and any other parts that could help me in building a similar cab?

The closest orange dealer is in Hungary and they charge 800eu for 212 cabs ;o

there's some pics here. i don't own one - YET! but, seriously consdiering one to add a little dimension. the pics don't show that much but, better than nothing.

http://forum.orangeamps.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=33257

EDIT- WHOOPS i thought you were speaking of the OPEN BACK 2x12!

• Members

there's some pics here. i don't own one - YET! but, seriously consdiering one to add a little dimension. the pics don't show that much but, better than nothing.

EDIT- WHOOPS i thought you were speaking of the OPEN BACK 2x12!

Anything i can get is great, whether they`re open or closed back, the part that interests me the most is the baffle, grill cloth and that front rim.

i saw those pics already , though, but thanks

• Members

just droppin in to say hi and that the TV50 has proved itself an outstanding amp for recording. i tracked it with almost full attenuation (vol and gain at normal, attenutaor almost at full) for low volume to see what it sounded like on tape, and on tape it sounded like i had a 100W in a warehouse. absolutely brilliant.

• Members

just droppin in to say hi and that the TV50 has proved itself an outstanding amp for recording. i tracked it with almost full attenuation (vol and gain at normal, attenutaor almost at full) for low volume to see what it sounded like on tape, and on tape it sounded like i had a 100W in a warehouse. absolutely brilliant.

very cool. i've noticed the same thing with my tv50. records great at low volumes. i need out of this townhouse!

• Members

Hey guys, what t00bz do Orange maps ship with?

The EL34s in my OR50H are the slimmest EL34s I've seen. They also have two of those "halo" things at the top underneath the silver coatings (one on each side), as opposed to the single one in the middle.

The premap t00bz look like 12ax7-c.

What brand are they?

• Members

my rocker 30 came with 6CA7s rather than EL34s...not sure if they still use those (bought mine a little over two years ago)

Can't remember what's in the preamp...think it was either JJs or EHX

Hrmm, maybe JJs, it is dark as a mother{censored}er.

THen again it's an Orange map :idk:

Archived