February New Gear Thread

spaceship

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No so lets convince people to buy a sampler for 1,500$ so you can sound like a guy in that blade rave scene?

I believe that Blade track is by Tim Taylor. He prolly used much better gear.... no offense to Elektron.

Just saying.. the guys got good ears.

MISSLE records!

random MISSLE record I've never heard.. Elektrons lack the right ... dirt.

eGqihrtq9Zs

• Members

I don't have a photo but just ordered a Moog Voyager "Select Series".

Forgot what it's called, 'Solaris" maybe? It's got the last OS and the orange back-lighting.

I've been wanting one of these for a very long time and last month I sold my Little Phatty to help fund the purchase.

I'll post some pics and the details once it arrives next week.

Thanks Noisebug, you guys are awesome!

• Members

Since I really, really, need more keyboards, I picked this one up today. Payday + ratty old synth leaning up against the wall at resale shop = MINE.

AX60-1.jpg

AX60-2.jpg

It's pretty dirty, missing a few slider caps, and hasn't had a lot of love for awhile. But it seems to work more or less. I haven't spent too much time with it yet. Hey, it was cheap and it'll go nicely with my AX-80.

I don't smoke. But to think that a guy can walk into a shop and buy a working vintage analogue polysynth for the cost of a carton of Marlboros, is just weird. How could I not do it?

• Members

Just got a GK bass stack last night for my live Keyboard rig. It replace a very underpowered Peavey 15inch power monitor.

It really sounds good! Lots of clean power , full bodied rounded sound, and a great bottom end.

I like my amps like I like my women and beer, Big but Light weight.

Sorry how do I get my photo on here?

Thanks Jeff

• Members

^^^^

Yeah, that's one of the clips that pushed me over the edge. I'm of the opinion that the earlier clips and demos did something of a disservice. Like the Elektron Trinity videos... too much going on and it was hard for me to tell which box's responsible for what. After a couple of weeks of camping at Elektron-Users and hearing demos from Allerian and other kind folks over there though... I knew I had to get in. Little concerned about the pre 1.0 OS right now but it isn't stopping other folks from getting results. I'm sure Elektron will get that sorted out in short order.

I've been following the Octatrack news as well. It has tremendous potential for live audio looping/remixing and sequencing - individual time signatures per track, sequencer can trigger the sample you just recorded, etc. Unfortunately support for MIDI foot controllers (a must for guitarists, violinists, etc.) was not included in the initual OS release. Once that is added, along with the Looper machine, it may well challenge the Looperative LP-1 for hardware looper supremacy.

• Members

I don't have a photo but just ordered a Moog Voyager "Select Series".

Forgot what it's called, 'Solaris" maybe? It's got the last OS and the orange back-lighting.

I've been wanting one of these for a very long time and last month I sold my Little Phatty to help fund the purchase.

I'll post some pics and the details once it arrives next week.

Thanks Noisebug, you guys are awesome!

Bad-ass. Always loved orange backlighting -- so very 1930s. What type/color of wood did you go with?

• Members

You get good deals on those Paulo?

I just sold my JX-8P for $200, the PG-800 for $450 & $70 for the MC-16 Cartridge.

2 Months ago I had a chance to buy an EMU II for $1,000, I was tempted just as a collector piece but I passed.

Nice haul!

I love that "Soundtrack" sound on the JX-8P, one of my faves

• Members

damn, i loves the Emulator II, fun tool to sit & sample with. so glad to see that the SD card floppy drive emulator is finally compatible with it.

my latest used market pillaging. i bought this on saturday from a guy in maryland and it arrived the next business day, standard USPS. crazy!

5446988705_ddaf15727c_z.jpg

• Members

You get good deals on those Paulo?

I just sold my JX-8P for $200, the PG-800 for $450 & $70 for the MC-16 Cartridge.

2 Months ago I had a chance to buy an EMU II for $1,000, I was tempted just as a collector piece but I passed.

Nice haul!

I love that "Soundtrack" sound on the JX-8P, one of my faves

Thanks - yes, pretty good deals for almost all of them. If you love the Soundtrack type sound, then you need to check out the JX-10 or MKS-70. It's like a JX-8P on steroids for those types of dreamy pads...

Archived