February New Gear Thread

spaceship

• Members

i vote for painting the xtk chrome and hacking the keyboard off completely so it looks sorta like a wide korg m3m.

then trigger it entirely from stg analog sequencers ftw

as for gear ideas i think i'm finally gonna get a secondary internal hdd for my macbook pro. a seagate momentus xt (500g) and install my ssd where my cd/dvd drive is. then maybe upgrade the ram to 8g.

seriously gassing for a tip top audio happy ending but thats the beginning of the end (of my bank account)

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Y'know ... I can't think of one recording I've ever done with a piano on it.

same here!

i'm an organist, so a sustain pedal was never something i really missed.

however i've found there are two things i'd really like to do with piano style momentary pedals: sustain long notes and turn glide on and off on the Minimoog and the ARP Pro Soloist (which isn't here yet.)

• Members

Soooo the octorack is a grown up's version of a fisher price busy box? they left out the plastic keys :cry: I loved those...

I thought the advert had that pretty banal post matrixy / blade vibe to it. The only thing missing was blood shooting from the ceiling. Of course, I don't blame machine drum, but the idiot kids they have to market to. The one's that cannt do anything better than try and ride on the coattails of someone else. But yet they claim to be all open minded and artistic woooooo. I mean crap, even Ken posted some video on facebook that supposedly won some comic con and dragon con film contest. It had poor actors walking around in green screen front of hand drawn sets. Don't they do that crap everyday on seaseme street? and it was about a clone cop.. a clone cop. that's original. good thing i was sitting on the toilet while i was watching it. God then another friend posted about how Marvel is keeping the industry of comics down. Really? it's all marvels fault? it's not your fault for not supporting up and coming independent artists nor is it your fault for not having and original or well developed idea and trying to utilize the available and free tools on the internet to get your idea heard? No, lets blame marvel and hollywood for not being able to support your crap habit fast enough so you can get another fix and not have to worry about growing up for one more day. No so lets convince people to buy a sampler for 1,500$ so you can sound like a guy in that blade rave scene?

SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT IT DOES OR I START SHOOTING HOBBITS :mad:

• Members

I just dont know anything about machine drum . Most people say it's the sequencer.. does it do anything that Live can't do? they're just one of those weird things that you can't try out for yourself and the price is huge it's hard to take the plunge on anecdotes.

Archived