Mod Troll: Synths are boring

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Well crap, this thread isn't generating anywhere near the level of angst and shenanigans that it was supposed to.
:cry:
Troll fail.

OK, maybe this will make you feel better...

HOW DARE YOU DESECRATE THE AWESOMENESS OF THE SYNTH!!! :mad::mad:mad:
Geetar? I'll show you! *Stomps over to wall of keyboards and makes super distorted ultra heavy Dream Theater patch lead on keytar*

zen-riffer-solo-axe.jpg

... crap, that looks dorky. Synths suck. Sorry. :cry:

• Members

the *ONLY* thing that could make that picture any worse is if that fugly keytar thing was pink. And to be quite honest, it might actually make it more awesome. But based on his goat beard, he doesn't understand the whole "looks cool" vs. "looks uncool" thing.

• Members

We like the minion gig, D. The pay is good, we get benefits, etc.

I'm not so sure, C.R. ... Court life can be pretty degrading and decadent ... Too many wig-wearing, blue-eyed inbred dandy hemophiliacs flaring their noses and making leering gestures ...

• Members
OK, maybe this will make you feel better...

HOW DARE YOU DESECRATE THE AWESOMENESS OF THE SYNTH!!!
:mad:
:mad:mad:

Geetar? I'll show you! *Stomps over to wall of keyboards and makes super distorted ultra heavy Dream Theater patch lead on keytar*

zen-riffer-solo-axe.jpg

... crap, that looks dorky. Synths suck. Sorry.
:cry:

Omg! Who knew that Rudess is actually CR without the wig!!!!!!!

All this time you've been posting here in hiding?????

BUSTED!!!!!! [how much did Korg pay you for praising its products here?? Or was it Roland??]

rudesscr.jpg

• Members

i'm actually trying to pick up one of these currently:
267593-1.jpg

not bored of keys but bass guitar is like my new hobby, ok maybe tied with photography. anyways, you *can* plug teh keys into it but those we'll most likely just patch into the pa

• Members

there's an SVT + 8 pack cab out in the studio that i sometimes enjoy plugging my bass bass into, it is a playing experience unlike any other.

unfortunately, it's so tough to record all that energy and power in a way that conveys the character of the SVT, so i always end up going direct. or using a sans amp which also does a passable job.

BASS IS THE NEW SYNTH

• Members

Synths are surreal, sorta like living in a dream but at certain times you also want some reality. They're also cerebral with all the ways you can tweek them, the depths of the different sythesis methods. How many guitars come with operating manuals? There's an egghead appeal to synths(ever notice how many synth players are deeply into sci-fi?) All that symbolic verbage can get to you eventually. Kinda like hanging out on forums too much.

• Members

My only concern over this otherwise wonderful plan is that geetars don't have arps. Do they? Also, if we dump Boring Synth for Exciting Geetars, then what am I going to do with all these MIDI cables?

I am conflicted.

Get yourself a microkorg. A perfect "in between" solution.

Archived