Creation or Evolution? ( Serious question for Evolutionists....)

EpiPaul03

• Members

All we are is a complex system, life is a catch phrase to make us feel special. All of reality is alive and most likely sentient, though mayhap not in a way we recognise as fitting into our little pigeon hole view.

Tell you what, when we finally do find out just what God/the Creator/reality is we are gonna be in for one hell of a shock. It definitely is not going to be some bearded woodstock reject going down a list of our sins to shame us into obedience and submission.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
yea, we humans are 'subjects' and don't have proper access to answer these questions...of course the naturalist/humanist says that only more time and technology is needed to 'ascend' to such knowledge...a metaphorical techno-tower of babel
;)
...I believe they are looking in the wrong place(s) for the wrong reasons and coming to their own conclusions:bor: ...history of our world.

So let's come to the conclusions suggested by an old book riddled with historical inaccuracy instead of thinking for ourselves!! Let's wait on the impotent God to come do nothing! :idea: :idea: :idea:

• Members
Actually, the point there was that you were making an absolute conclusion that would put you in a place of knowledge you could not possible possess.

Do you understand what "arbitrary" and "infinite regression of scepticism" mean? Or do you need to read more before discussing things beyond your intellect?

you mean: when am I going to 'ascend' to your immaturity level? that, in and of itself is a contradiction.

lets say you are over confidently unsure...:thu:

• Members
All we are is a complex system, life is a catch phrase to make us feel special. All of reality is alive and most likely sentient, though mayhap not in a way we recognise as fitting into our little pigeon hole view.

Tell you what, when we finally do find out just what God/the Creator/reality is we are gonna be in for one hell of a shock. It definitely is not going to be some bearded woodstock reject going down a list of our sins to shame us into obedience and submission.

god.jpg

• Members

No such thing as "devolving". The evolutionary goal of an organism is to survive to reproduce, not to be intelligent. And it seems like the low IQ people are beating everyone in that regard.

In nature, the more intelligent ones are the ones who survive to reproduce.

• Members
So let's come to the conclusions suggested by an old book riddled with historical inaccuracy instead of thinking for ourselves!! Let's wait on the impotent God to come do nothing!
:idea:

if you truly thought for yourself you would actually find that that *IS* the conclusion of the matter...but, you can keep struggling to swim in an ocean of vanity...:rolleyes: grasping at the wind...

• Members

That does not answer the question. Sure there is a reason for it, and yes it may have advantages, but how was it they evolved into a seperate sex? When did Joe monkey decide to evolve into Jane monkey?

That last phrase makes you look truly ignorant, and I would suggest you find a better way to phrase your idea if you want people to supply you with anything that remotely resembles a serious, and respectful answer.

I'm not saying you are ignorant in general mind you, just that your statement makes you appear ignorant to the actual models of the theory you are questioning/attacking/debunking, and the history of primate development. The split between male and female happened an exponentially described number of generations before monkeys purported ancestors evolved into fish.

• Members

That does not answer the question. Sure there is a reason for it, and yes it may have advantages, but how was it they evolved into a seperate sex? When did Joe monkey decide to evolve into Jane monkey?

When organisms first started using sexual reproduction, they possessed both male and female organs to do such. It is believe that sub-species evolved from this, one which was "better at" the male portion and the other at the female portion. When these subspecies interbred they produced a third which had gender distinction based on genes. That's the simple breakdown, of course this took millions of years.

-W

• Members

my biggest problem with the evolution theory is how our species would've survived on this planet long enough to evolve...even with all the technology we have today, man is no match for mother nature; how did we not only survive but flourish for millions of years when we weren't even evolved to the point we are today?

• Members

Come on guys, don't be stupid...

Didn't you know that Adam and Eve simply {censored}ed like bunnies in the garden of Eden and made a ton of different races...

There is proof...just read the Bible...LOL

:freak:

Actually, if you wanna know the bible's explaination for different languages, its in Genesis. Basically, the people in Babylon got to smart, and god was like "They are too smart for their own good" and sent them all over the world, and created different languages so they would be all confused. :freak:

Authoritative and scientific, no? :thu:

• Members

Im guessing you have absolutely no education otherwise you would understand that nothing just 'happens'. Chaos is simply complexity that humans are unable to fully understand. The situation is that reality is a lot more complicated then a human brain is capable of either observing or understanding.

+1

We tend to think of chaos as disorder, but in reality it represents infinite possibility.

• Members
Oh, that's right, you have the absolute, unquestionable, infallible answers in your "holy book" of choice!

no, the just shall live by 'faith'...the world is *DESIGNED* (this is a huge hint here :idea: ) for everybody to live by faith...you live by faith, you just choose to put it in finite and worthless endeavors. You have chosen unwisely.

• Members

I believe in a creator God.

He can set into motion the dynamics of evolution such as the survival of the fittest and the adaptation of the species. He can allow for and even be responsible for mutations.

He could create a man out of dust or a star out of nothing.

He stands outside of time and matter.

His highest creative act is the birth of a new soul in the life of mankind, or any sentient animal on any planet. The soul is eternal and never dies, and God has made a plan to restore us to a perfect union with Him when we die.

These are my beliefs, I respect any and all reasonable beliefs whether they agree with mine or not.

Peace

Bob

• Members
you mean: when am I going to 'ascend' to your immaturity level? that, in and of itself is a contradiction.

lets say you are over confidently unsure...
:thu:

Are you {censored}ing kidding me? I'm now "over confidently unsure" because I don't believe in fairy tales that have no supporting evidence?

You are "over confidently" sure that anything exists beyond your brain in a vat being prodded by a scientist to create the illusion of everything around you. Disprove that logically or shut the {censored} up. We're all tired of your ignorant, bull{censored} pseudo-Christian garbage.

• Members

my biggest problem with the evolution theory is how our species would've survived on this planet long enough to evolve...even with all the technology we have today, man is no match for mother nature; how did we not only survive but flourish for millions of years when we weren't even evolved to the point we are today?

numbers man....NUMBERS! you reproduce like rabbits and hopefully some survive! LOL

with how many people we have on the planet now, i think the species could survive most anything unless it was total planet-wide nuclear war.

• Members
Actually, if you wanna know the bible's explaination for different languages, its in Genesis. Basically, the people in Babylon got to smart, and god was like "They are too smart for their own good" and sent them all over the world, and created different languages so they would be all confused.

Authoritative and scientific, no?
:thu:

Really, i though it was because the tower of babel ?

Edit :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tower_of_Babel

• Members
I believe in a creator God.

He can set into motion the dynamics of evolution such as the survival of the fittest and the adaptation of the species. He can allow for and even be resposnible for mutations.

He could create a man out of dust or a star out of nothing.

He stands outside of time and matter.

His highest creative act is the birth of a new soul in the life of mankind, or any sentient animal on any planet. The soul is eternal and never dies, and God has made a plan to restore us to a perfect union with Him when we die.

These are my beliefs, I respect any and all reasonable beliefs whether they agree with mine or not.

Peace

Bob

nicely put :thu: while i dont really agree with your beliefs, i do totally respect you and your beliefs. rock on brother! :wave:

• Members

It might have to do with the fact that our species evolved from other species who spent the last 3.5 billion years learning to adapt and survive on this planet. That's the whole point of evolution. Adaptation and survival, and from that, refinement and "betterment" of life.

-W

• Members

numbers man....NUMBERS! you reproduce like rabbits and hopefully some survive! LOL

with how many people we have on the planet now, i think the species could survive most anything unless it was total planet-wide nuclear war.

but surely there weren't always 6 billion people...and even today, it's not unfathomable that chance could wipe out every last one of us

i'm not trying to debunk evolution, just stating why it's a hard theory to swallow...millions of years of evolving into what man is today, and seeing the nearly limitless capability our species has to create/achieve whatever we want...all a result of millions of years of chance?

Archived