Post Pics of your WIFE/GIRLFRIEND!!

WillShrdForFood

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Dude, she was totally level-headed up until about 2 months ago. Things were really, really good over the summer. Then December hit, and she transformed from being super-cool into your typical "why haven't you bought me a ring? huh, huh, huh? everybody thinks were perfect together" chick.

I've had the sitdown with her on a couple of occasions...just told her to be patient and respect my decision. I'm a recovering credit card addict and I just paid all that {censored} off within the last year. So now, she wants me to drain my savings, finance another couple G's on top of that, and head to the jewelry store. I just sold a bunch of miscellaneous stuff ({censored} that I bought with my own money a long time ago...aquariums, car parts, stupid {censored} like that) on Ebay to start a new amp fund. Of course she's of the opinion that that money should go directly to the account for her ring. {censored} that, I'm buying a Rivera. God forbid I should buy something that makes me happy.

Try to get it through to her that a relationship isnt just about having your boyfriend buy you everything you want

• Members

Try to get it through to her that a relationship isnt just about having your boyfriend buy you everything you want

I agree. She's an accountant, so to her there's always a bottom line. For instance...one week my band had an extra practice because we had a big show that coming weekend. My bass player had jokingly mentioned once to her, "you need to let this guy loose every now and then...you know, like let him practice." (think of a Puerto Rican with a heavy Spanish accent saying that). So at the end of the week, she sends me this email with 2 columns: 1 for nights I either spent by myself or with my band, and another column for nights I spent with her...with the heading "I don't want Jose to complain any more." So I sent her one back with a typical week's scorecard...5 nights with her, 2 nights by myself or with band. Her reply? "Touche." I have that one tacked to my refridgerator.

• Members

yup...seems like the kinda girl who gets an idea stuck in her head and wont let it go. but, you can only do whats right for you!

me and my girl pick at each other about stuff like me having too many guitars and her having too many shoes. at least my guitars will last my lifetime and i could get some money out of them if i needed it. but shoes? unless they are rare "vintage" shoes they are worthless. i only own one pair of shoes...but have like 9-10 guitars. not all of them playable, and i really need to work on that LOL

get that Rivera though dude...if you dont, youll regret it. im gonna be getting that new Jackson RR24..."another guitar???" "well, at least its worht more than your shoe collection!" LOL

See, the bad thing is that my girlfriend doesn't spend money on ANYTHING. She doesn't have any hobbies, and shops the clearance racks for her work suits. She basically just saves and saves and saves and never spends on anything. I wish she had a shoe obsession, it would be a lot easier to negotiate new gear purchases. I bought an Epiphone Valve Junior last weekend...she about had a heart attack until I told her it was only $106..and I paid $50 of that with a gift card.

I still need about $200 more to get in Rivera territory. The market for those amps seems to be picking up a little bit. I've toyed with ditching my 5150II and two Boogie Recto cabs for a K-Tre and a 4x12...the clips on their website of that amp just blow me away. But I really think I want something that specializes in cleans and vintagey-type tones...then again, you live once...I should just do both!!

I hereby apologize for interjecting my drama into this thread.

• Members
See, the bad thing is that my girlfriend doesn't spend money on ANYTHING. She doesn't have any hobbies, and shops the clearance racks for her work suits. She basically just saves and saves and saves and never spends on anything. I wish she had a shoe obsession, it would be a lot easier to negotiate new gear purchases. I bought an Epiphone Valve Junior last weekend...she about had a heart attack until I told her it was only $106..and I paid $50 of that with a gift card.

I still need about $200 more to get in Rivera territory. The market for those amps seems to be picking up a little bit. I've toyed with ditching my 5150II and two Boogie Recto cabs for a K-Tre and a 4x12...the clips on their website of that amp just blow me away. But I really think I want something that specializes in cleans and vintagey-type tones...then again, you live once...I should just do both!!

I hereby apologize for interjecting my drama into this thread.

you need to tell her to buy YOU a Rivera head and cab, and youll buy her an equal value ring :eek: LOL maybe not, but ya know, funny thought :)

no problem with the drama man. your problems arent half of what is going on in my life right now (not with me personally, just with a couple friends and a girl...girl is engaged, or was, to one guy, screwing around with the other guy, while still screwing with the fiancee, and denying it all to his face while everyone else watches and knows everything...and we all work together.)

needless to say, the drama that is happening in my world is going to get people fired and destroy friendships before its all over. great eh? LOL

Archived