What's the tightest band you've ever seen ?

Dr. Tweedbucket

• Members

Sikth are the tightest band ive seen live, although ive never seen Meshuggah. Opeth were pretty bang on.

In terms of smaller acts, HCAFs very own Drago and Acle of Fell Silent were on form both times i saw them, but they obviously work hard to be as good as they are.

James

I can't believe you haven't seen Meshuggah. You seem like a huge fan, and here's me, a pure casual fan, who's seen them :freak:. I feel guilty :(

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I know I'm showing my age... Blue Oyster Cult and Jethro Tull. These guys can stop on a dime and take off at a 90 degree direction without missing a beat. I've seen countless bands, but these two were and still are the tightest.

I like BOC but I have a video of them when they had an 'off' night and didn't look so hot. I saw them back in the late 70s and they were awesome !! especially the laser show :eek:

• Members

I can't believe you haven't seen Meshuggah. You seem like a huge fan, and here's me, a pure casual fan, who's seen them
:freak:
. I feel guilty
:(

I had tickets for the Mesuggah and Strapping young lad show, it was gonna be immense but the cancelled and havent been back since. Theyve always come round right in the middle of my {censored}ing exams in previous years and now im a working stiff they wont come at all!

bastards!

James

• Members

the best live band ever imo is sevendust... ive seen them 6 or 7 times and evrytime has been flawless...

i also saw old crow medicine show a couple of months and that particular performance was dead on... ive seen vids where they arent though...

edgar meyer and christ thile just finished up a duo tour and i saw the last show on tuesday and it was incredible, but thats a duo not a band...

• Members

Man I loved The Dregs and saw them several times but where are their vocals? None of course. Tight musically as can be but the thread asks also vocally.

Someone mentioned Tull. Not sure how good vocally they were...don't remember a lot of harmonies from them...but to do "Thick as a Brick" straight through must have been all that.

Archived