OT: The US is more than likely going to war with Iran.

rememberduane

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

it's because our president is asleep at the wheel, and doesn't have the foresight to realize that there are consequences to each action.

The president is an all too convenient scapegoat, but he does not exist in a vacuum. Big Oil, the auto industry, and our consumptive wasteful culture based on the principles of convenience and obsolescense are all enablers.

• Members

Exactly. Dick Cheney isn't a boy scout, either. He scares me more than Dubya, because he's an intelligent war monger, which is much scarier to me than Dubya's aloof-ness.

cheney is much more diabolical.

i think that georgie-boy is a buffoon, not bright enough to know that the suggestions that he follows are retarded.

• Members

UK soldiers leaving Basra indicates that the UK has been tipped off and they are getting their soldiers out of there, because Basra is very pro-Iran and it would become a slaughterhouse for UK soldiers.

I don't think it would be that easy to slaughter UK soldiers, they are some of the best if not the best in the world.

• Members

Sorry, but the US, despite their idiocy in the past, will not go to war with Iran.

They would simply lose. They don't have the resources to fight another war, especially not one with a proper army like Iran. It isn't a ragtag group of factions like Iraq.

Please tell us, how is it that you have come by information on the strengths of the US military, the Iraqi military and the Iranian military. I would think that countries keep their military resources pretty confidential for obvious reasons.

• Members
That's what I thought. To my knowledge my country isn't bombing the {censored} out of some tiny (because we couldn't go against anything bigger
:D
) middle eastern country and we do have plenty of that freedom thing here.

One thing to consider, although Finland (or Canada) isn't bombing anyone, we always took advantage of it. I'm pretty sure that most (or none) of the Finnish corporations are part of a corporate lobby which promotes oppression of developping countries. However, we do befinit from it indirectly.

If the US, Japan, Britain, France and Germany wouldn't apply such pressure on 3rd world and developping countries, militiraly or ecnomically, by exploiting their resources and their people, small countries like Finland and Canada couldn't subsist. Their interests are our interests, so we are on the same boat. We are extremely dependent of the economical performance of the bigger (and oppressive) countries.

We tend to excluded our smaller countries from the bigger picture, since we do not have the military power..

E-

• Members

Please tell us, how is it that you have come by information on the strengths of the US military, the Iraqi military and the Iranian military. I would think that countries keep their military resources pretty confidential for obvious reasons.

Look at the facts.

Something like 90% of the US's manpower is tied up in Iraq. Where are they gonna get the ground troops for Iran? If the mighty US military can't take out a bunch of people who use roadside bombs, where are they going to find the hutzpah to take out a trained army?

Sure, they can't use all that newfangled technology that they've spent trillions on because of the nature of the war, and they could bomb the pants off Iran.

• Members

If the US, Japan, Britain, France and Germany wouldn't apply such pressure on 3rd world and developping countries, militiraly or ecnomically, by exploiting their resources and their people, small countries like Finland and Canada couldn't subsist. Their interests are our interests, so we are on the same boat. We are extremely dependent of the economical performance of the bigger (and oppressive) countries.

some cultures are inherintly disadvantaged because of the things that they hold dear. this is a postulate of humanity.

• Members

Examples?

latin religion; if you have more kids than you can feed because 'god' tells you to do it, this is religion shackeling your culture.

i live in central florida, and the puerto ricans are breeding like they're preparing for an invasion. thusly, they have as many kids as possible, as many as they can have while barely being able to feed them without government assistance. then you see them cruising down the street in their '87 celica with $4000 in aftermarket parts, and they can barely afford to make rent.

arabs and their ridiculous prophet are about on the same plane - shackeling their culture for some whacky belief in the innane ramblings of a murderer/rapist, who took a 9-year old girl to bed with him.

• Members

Look at the facts.

Something like 90% of the US's manpower is tied up in Iraq.

Calling Bull {censored} on that one...I've got plenty of friends in the military that are based in places you wouldn't even think. Spain, Germany, Greenland, Iceland...theres plenty more American Soldiers out there.

• Members

Calling Bull {censored} on that one...I've got plenty of friends in the military that are based in places you wouldn't even think. Spain, Germany, Greenland, Iceland...theres plenty more American Soldiers out there.

Actually, those are places I WOULD think, since it's well known that the US has installations all over Europe.

A lot of those people aren't combat personnel, they are support personnel, which is why they work at these bases. The US has what, 160,000 troops in Iraq?

Also keep in mind that a lot of those bases ARE tied up with supporting the war in Iraq.

• Members

Actually, those are places I WOULD think, since it's well known that the US has installations all over Europe.

A lot of those people aren't combat personnel, they are support personnel, which is why they work at these bases. The US has what, 160,000 troops in Iraq?

Also keep in mind that a lot of those bases ARE tied up with supporting the war in Iraq.

true. not all of them are combat personnel, but all of my friends are in some form of infantry, one of which is an Army Ranger, and they have plenty of personel...the media doesn't want you to know that though, because it doesn't make for good TV to tell everyone that their NOT going to die...chicken little effect:)

• Members

Look at the facts.

Something like 90% of the US's manpower is tied up in Iraq. Where are they gonna get the ground troops for Iran? If the mighty US military can't take out a bunch of people who use roadside bombs, where are they going to find the hutzpah to take out a trained army?

Sure, they can't use all that newfangled technology that they've spent trillions on because of the nature of the war, and they could bomb the pants off Iran.

A trained army is exactly what our military knows how to fight...and believe me on this...Iran's standing army isn't what you think it is. It's the non-traditional military that poses problems.

Also, another point to consider...IMO, there would be a different agenda in Iran. The US probably isn't concerned with destroying the infrastructure in Iran, just crippling the nuclear capability. A few strategic bombs would pretty much ensure that.

One other point...you seem fairly certain that it would be the US invading Iran on its own...I doubt that would happen. If there were a ground invasion (for which there is no real need...but for the sake of argument...), I believe it would be a coalition similar to the first Persian Gulf War.

Archived