OT: The US is more than likely going to war with Iran.

rememberduane

• Members

I give it until the end of the year, but more than likely it will be the next two months. Yet another tragic mistake that will kill many young American servicemen. I think we're also underestimating the Revolutionary Guard. Guaranteed there will be attacks on US soil.

I'm telling you this now, mark my words, and I've been saying it for weeks. After Bush announced we would kill or capture any Iranian operative in Iraq, the "cold war" turned hot.

Please note that the accusations of the weapons being used in Iraq being supplied by Iran are purely circumstantial. In a few years time, you will be hearing the same "faulty intelligence" line.

UK soldiers leaving Basra indicates that the UK has been tipped off and they are getting their soldiers out of there, because Basra is very pro-Iran and it would become a slaughterhouse for UK soldiers.

The Pentagon has already set up a group to prepare attacks for beginning shock and awe in Iran within 24 hours of the presidential order.

I bid you all good luck.

That is all.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I give it until the end of the year, but more than likely it will be the next two months. Yet another tragic mistake that will kill many young American servicemen. I think we're also underestimating the Revolutionary Guard. Guaranteed there will be attacks on US soil.

I'm telling you this now, mark my words, and I've been saying it for weeks. After Bush announced we would kill or capture any Iranian operative in Iraq, the "cold war" turned hot.

Please note that the accusations of the weapons being used in Iraq being supplied by Iran are purely circumstantial. In a few years time, you will be hearing the same "faulty intelligence" line.

UK soldiers leaving Basra indicates that the UK has been tipped off and they are getting their soldiers out of there, because Basra is very pro-Iran and it would become a slaughterhouse for UK soldiers.

The Pentagon has already set up a group to prepare attacks for beginning shock and awe in Iran within 24 hours of the presidential order.

I bid you all good luck.

That is all.

that's pretty late-breaking news, brokaw. :rolleyes:

• Members

I think we're also underestimating the Revolutionary Guard. Guaranteed there will be attacks on US soil.

I recall similar bull{censored} being spewed about about Saddam's army and "rivers of blood" flowing through our streets when we invaded Iraq. Those things never happened. Ain't gonna happen this time, either.

• Members

I'd prefer to keep the hell out of the middle east and let them all kill each other

car bombs etc - death is the only language they understand, so leave em to it.

Just need to invest more into solar power :freak:

Saying that, wasn't there some guy on here recently who lived in tehran who said that the majority of people in Iran just want a beter life and are worried by the route their president seems to be taking?

• Members

I think we're also underestimating the Revolutionary Guard. Guaranteed there will be attacks on US soil.

I recall similar bull{censored} being spewed about about Saddam's army and "rivers of blood" flowing through our streets when we invaded Iraq. Those things never happened. Ain't gonna happen this time, either.

• Members

that's pretty late-breaking news, brokaw.
:rolleyes:

I've been saying it since Bush announced we would capture/kill any Iranian operative in Iraq. You couldn't really foresee it before that... or, more accurately, there was hope it wouldn't turn out this way. I'm just posting this now (although if you search my name you'll see I've said it many times), because this basically confirms it: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6396779.stm

• Members

It does look that way, but I truly hope that someone can talk some sense into Bush before we do this. I am truly afraid for the US servicemen, because this will be much more costly in terms of US life than Iraq has been.

I worry for them, and I worry for the rest of us as the male constituency of this country. If Bush gets his way, they may reinstate the draft. If that's the case, I'm going to Canada.

• Members

You can believe what you want, but it's ridiculous to compare the Iraqi army of 2003 with the modern Revolutionary Guard, or even the Islamic Republic of Iran Army for that matter.

• Members

You can believe what you want, but it's ridiculous to compare the Iraqi army of 2003 with the modern Revolutionary Guard, or even the Islamic Republic of Iran Army for that matter.

Other than China's, there's not an army in the world the USA couldn't utterly trounce into submission, provided our armed forces were allowed to fight the right way and weren't inhibited by spineless politicians on both sides of the aisle and gutless citizens like danger_boy_13 who enjoy the freedoms of this country with zero understanding or respect for the price of those freedoms.

• Members

I honestly believe that George bush is planning on taking over china...

and used Iraq/9-11 "terrorist" attacks as a plot to firstly get over the pond into the territory... Iran will be next, then through the countries into china.

Thats my theory of course...

• Members

If anything, I see an air campaign only. Bomb the suspected nuke facilities and other such threatening positions. People in Iran are pretty upset about their president and his language to the US and Israel. The resulting sanctions have caused their daily expenses to increase drastically.

I'd surely hate to see another war right now but the thought of Iran with nukes is pretty unsettling.

Really, ground troops don't seem like an option. What is there to capture? We surely learned our lesson in Iraq about nation building. It's only something that looks good on paper.

Until the US is prepared to drop daisy cutters on mosques on Friday afternoons and carpet bomb cities relentlessly, we may as well give up on war. Tit for tat {censored} doesn't cut it. You can't win a war and be polite about it at the same time.

• Members

Exactly. Iran is a completely sovereign nation with a pretty powerful standing military. Any aggression against Iran would be a very, very bad idea.

• Members

I'd prefer to keep the hell out of the middle east and let them all kill each other

car bombs etc - death is the only language they understand, so leave em to it.

Just need to invest more into solar power
:freak:

Saying that, wasn't there some guy on here recently who lived in tehran who said that the majority of people in Iran just want a beter life and are worried by the route their president seems to be taking?

It's not just the one guy from Tehran. Very few people support Ahmadinejad, including the Grand Ayatollahs. He has squandered the economy and brought about sanctions (and possibly more) and illegitimacy in the international arena. He has single-handedly alienated Russia and China, and has destroyed the possibility of nuclear power (which is an NPT signatory's right) by being a loose canon.

Many young Iranians are educated but can't get jobs in their poor economy, and Ahmadinejad has created an international stigma against Iranians that keeps them from getting work visas to European countries, so many try to immigrate illegally.

Most people want peace and a better life. They're human just like you and me, and many people forget that.

It's those that have been driven by anger and/or ignorance who are the "loudest" sect (but not the most numerous) and are those who commit atrocities.

That being said, painting the entire Middle East as barbarians who only understand violence is ridiculous. The differences between the different sects of Islam are great, even when it comes to militants -- for instance, you will rarely, if ever, find a Shi'a suicide bomber.

That being said, the militant vacuum of Iraq has brought out the worst in all sects.

• Members

If anything, I see an air campaign only. Bomb the suspected nuke facilities and other such threatening positions. People in Iran are pretty upset about their president and his language to the US and Israel. The resulting sanctions have caused their daily expenses to increase drastically.

I'd surely hate to see another war right now but the thought of Iran with nukes is pretty unsettling.

Really, ground troops don't seem like an option. What is there to capture? We surely learned our lesson in Iraq about nation building. It's only something that looks good on paper.

Until the US is prepared to drop daisy cutters on mosques on Friday afternoons and carpet bomb cities relentlessly, we may as well give up on war. Tit for tat {censored} doesn't cut it. You can't win a war and be polite about it at the same time.

Obviously we can't win another war -- I'm not convinced we can win this one without proper political strategy (which no one seems to be offering except Biden, sadly).

But I think it's ridiculous to think that air attacks and sanctions are going to go without response. Sure, people don't support Ahmadinejad, but you forget that they DO support Khameini, the Supreme Leader. They support the Islamic Republic. Guess who, constitutionally, is in charge of the military. I'll give you a hint: It's not Ahmadinejad.

Iran with nuclear power (not nuclear weapons) wouldn't be a bad thing with a different president and controlling faction.

• Members

We surely learned our lesson in Iraq about nation building. It's only something that looks good on paper.

Well, I don't know about that. I don't think good ole' GW is going to give up on that venture, he seems like a missionary trying to bring democracy to the "less civilized" parts of the world. Problem is, democracy just doesn't work very well for those parts of the world for some reason. Countries still in the rapid growth phases of their life don't take well to democracy, and the less education a nation has, the less democracy has a positive impact.

• Members

Exactly. Iran is a completely sovereign nation with a pretty powerful standing military. Any aggression against Iran would be a very, very bad idea.

Yep -- Iraq's standing army as of 2003 was about 300,000.

The Revolutionary Guard is in excess of 11,000,000 ground soldiers it could mobilize (about 90,000 full-time, 300,000 reservists, and 11,000,000 it can mobilize -- this is the largest number of troop mobilization in the world), and more in the Navy, Air Force, and Special Forces.

Speaking of Special Forces, the elite Quds Force of the IRGC more than likely has operatives in the United States.

That's on top of the Iranian standing army in excess of 350,000 which is much better trained and has better technology than the Iraqi Army was. And on top of that, the Iranian Navy and Air Force.

Iran fired a ballistic missile a few days ago into space.

Archived