CASIO, the beginning of a NEW ERA

afr

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by maarkr View Post
is there a way to use my footpedal as an overall volume controller?
Mike is right (of course) that you can't plug a volume pedal into the P1. But all is not lost. There are workarounds.

The simplest, if all you need is a volume control, is to use a plain "guitar style" volume pedal between the output of the P1 and whatever it is you're plugging the P1 into.

If you need something more sophisticated out of the pedal than simple volume, it should be possible to use any of a number of MIDI pedal devices to essentially plug an expression pedal into the P1's MIDI input. Possibilities include using a MIDI Solutions Pedal Controller with the pedal of your choice, or the Behringer FCB1010 with its built in pedals. This *should* work, but we'll have to wait until we hear reports of people trying this "in the wild." (Based on experience with some past Casios, you may need to set the Casio to Local Off and run a cable from the Casio's MIDI OUT to your foot controller's MIDI IN.)

If you are using a second board which has MIDI controller functions, you may also be able to do what you need by connecting the two boards.

(partially cross-posted from another forum where the same issue came up...)

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by Mike Martin View Post
The manual is now online.

http://support.casio.com/manual.php?rgn=1&cid=008

Just "agree" and scroll down to the bottom.

The Mac/PC editor will be posted and the very end of the month.

-Mike Martin
Casio America, Inc.

will there be an ipad editor app...seems an ideal thing to have at some point with that slab of rubber for an ipad smile.gif

• Members

just browsing thru the manual and on E41 you can edit and create your own arpeggio's which is really nice to see in the current climate of new synths.

it's also not just a text display but shows you the 16 steps and the note values etc...i imagine the pc/mac editor will also help but good to SEE that Casio did well designing the u.i. with the LCD display on these edit function onboard the synth.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by cresshead View Post
just browsing thru the manual and on E41 you can edit and create your own arpeggio's which is really nice to see in the current climate of new synths.

it's also not just a text display but shows you the 16 steps and the note values etc...i imagine the pc/mac editor will also help but good to SEE that Casio did well designing the u.i. with the LCD display on these edit function onboard the synth.
With the editor you can also import MIDI files into the Phrase Sequencer. smile.gif

• Members

Hey everyone, our team in Tokyo just posted several things. First, the Mac and PC editors for the XW-P1 are both available for download.

In addition they just released a software update for the XW-P1. It adds program/bank and mixer setting capabilities to Performance mode for external gear. There are also additional modulation destination capabilities for the Solo Synth allowing you to manipulate all of the oscillators at once from a modulation source.

You can find the download here:
http://support.casio.com/download.php?cid=008&pid=340

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I was showing demos of this thing to a friend of mine last night and it occurred to me this thing is more advanced than a Jupiter-80 and it doesn't cost much more than a Microkorg XL.

does the drawbar organ model have vibrato/chorus? i remember a rotary speaker effect.

• Members

most (maybe all) of the drawbar presets use the rotary speaker effect as a built-in preset. You can change that effect to many chorus types...there's 100 DSP effects that can be selected for a sound. You can build a performance using sound layers with different effects as well. All performance filters also allows reverb and chorus sends apart from the DSP effect. You can alter drawbar vibrato rate and depth using the K1 and K2 knob.

Archived