Anyone into "actual harcore"

Shredison

• Members
Lol, you're not wrong... I've seen them a ton of times, but I will admit they are pretty hit or miss live. I saw them twice with a second guitarist that would have a hard time with "Louie Louie".

I thought "Sirens" was terrible - someone tried to make them A7X - but I guess Brooks has left the band, and Jason Wood from Still Remains (bassist) has stepped in. That'll help things I think
:thu:

Part of the whole problem IMHO, and why we have these threads is that there is too much money floating around, and too many suits saying to "real" hardcore bands (or at least good heavy bands) they need to be more accessible, The last Death By Stereo record was {censored}ing embarrassing. I'm not above liking some popcore, but man, you can tell these bands are just doing it for the cash.

You take a band like Stretch Arm Strong, who have always had a good bit of melody to em, and that's different than telling xDisciplex AD to write hooks.

haha...totally agree with you man... that last Death By Stereo album was :freak:...THey used to be a good band:idk:

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Only real hardcore I listen to is Sick of it all and Ignite.

I'm much more into more melodic "softer" punk and melodic hardcore, like Bad Religion, Social Distortion, Strike Anywhere, Rise Against, Good Riddance, Rancid, Pennywise etc..

Ignite is one of the best live bands ever. Dude has the best vox ever..PERIOD!!!

• Members

if you're talking about infest, bad brains, GB, MT, etc, then hell yes. if you're talking about newer acts like allegiance, ceremony, go it alone, shipwreck, betrayed, etc, then another hell yes.

god i can't get enough of this band

Being from Oxnard, do you remember the whole Oxnard scene in the 80's....Ill Repute and all those bands on Mystic Records??

• Members

I'm an old as crap skater/surfer MOSH dude from So. Cal. so I kinda span the entire punk, crossover metal, hardcore period from around 1985 (when i was buying the junk on vinyl) to today...

So I listen to ALL of the following chronologically...

S.O.D.

D.R.I.

Sucidal Tendencies

M.O.D.

Crumbsuckers

Cromags

Agnostic Front

Nuclear Assault

Minor Threat

The Crucified

Sick Of It All

Madball

Social Distortion

PennyWise

All out War

Hatebreed first 2 1/2 Cd's (HAHAHA)

Figure Four

Terror

Let it Die

Death Before Dishonor

Until The End

Remebering Never

Municipal Waste

Know The Score

And a boat load of other "true to the scene" non-fashion faggotry oriented bands...

xgx

I hope you left out Poison Idea on accident....

• Members

hahaha...its funny man..last time i say Ill Repute they were all gray and had the wife and kids with em haha... Crazy

do you know a punk band called the Prosthetics(i think) from AZ??? We played a show woth em in January out here.

• Members

Labels suck. If it jams and it moves you, then it rocks.

I listen to what sounds good to me....if it has a label like mallcore, emo, breakdown, death metal...then so be it.

I remember back in the day (circa 1984-85), we saw GBH, The Accused, Cro-Mags with Poison Idea opening one night. Now there were punks, metalheads, skin heads, skaters, BMX'ers, etc. No one there really gave a flying {censored} about a punk band being on the bill with a thrash/crossover band. It was the first time I had heard the Cro-Mags and I (along with the rest of the venue) about crapped myself. The point is, it didn't matter what label we put on them....every band {censored}in' tore it up that night and blew minds and we were all too busy thrashing to care about labels.

I've got some Hatebreed and Throwdown in my collection....along with Sick of It All, Madball, Cro-Mags, Agnostic Front, Accused, DRI, SOD, Exodus, Slayer, Minor Threat, Verbal Abuse, Blood for Blood, Terror, Barcode, Suicidal, MOD and a {censored}-ton of death metal. It's all fast, all heavy and all brutal. That's what I get off on.

If you like it....listen to it and who gives a rip what anyone else thinks?

That's how I roll.

• Members

I listen to what sounds good to me....if it has a label like mallcore, emo, breakdown, death metal...then so be it.

I remember back in the day (circa 1984-85), we saw GBH, The Accused, Cro-Mags with Poison Idea opening one night. Now there were punks, metalheads, skin heads, skaters, BMX'ers, etc. No one there really gave a flying {censored} about a punk band being on the bill with a thrash/crossover band. It was the first time I had heard the Cro-Mags and I (along with the rest of the venue) about crapped myself. The point is, it didn't matter what label we put on them....every band {censored}in' tore it up that night and blew minds and we were all too busy thrashing to care about labels.

I've got some Hatebreed and Throwdown in my collection....along with Sick of It All, Madball, Cro-Mags, Agnostic Front, Accused, DRI, SOD, Exodus, Slayer, Minor Threat, Verbal Abuse, Blood for Blood, Terror, Barcode, Suicidal, MOD and a {censored}-ton of death metal. It's all fast, all heavy and all brutal. That's what I get off on.

That's how I roll.

I feel ya man... I listen to nothing but Death Metal now but you have to admit the hardcore label shouldnt be linked to As I LAy Dying

• Members

That's how I roll.

I agree completely. :thu: :thu: :thu:

• Members

Totally.

Old C.O.C

Cro-Mags

Agnostic Front

Crumbsuckers

English Dogs

Nihilistics

Warzone

Murphy's Law

etc, etc..

I {censored}ing grew up on this stuff. I saw Hatebreed at Ozzfest last year. They seem to be the natural evolution of old school hardcore. Great show.

Interesting you'd put English Dogs in that list. The singer in my band used to sing for them.

Archived