Anyone into "actual harcore"

Shredison

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Ignite is one of the best live bands ever. Dude has the best vox ever..PERIOD!!!

Never seen 'em live :(. I know they're coming over to the UK for the give it a name festival, but I don't like any of the other bands playing which is a bit {censored}, and they're not doing any other seperate gigs.

Our darkest days is such a good album, best album of 2006 IMO.

• Members
Never seen 'em live
:(
. I know they're coming over to the UK for the give it a name festival, but I don't like any of the other bands playing which is a bit {censored}, and they're not doing any other seperate gigs.

Our darkest days is such a good album, best album of 2006 IMO.

Yes sir...lovin the u2 cover

• Members

BLoodlust is an amazing album

bloodlust was one of the first cds i bought so it will always be in my favorit list but i thought the one after that was just as good, could never understand why everyone hated on that so much. you guys ever hear of section 8 from out that way??

• Members

I feel ya man... I listen to nothing but Death Metal now but you have to admit the hardcore label shouldnt be linked to As I LAy Dying

Like I said, labels don't really apply. I can say that As I Lay Dying does nothing for me. But that's just me. If other people get off on it (and judging by the crowds at their shows, people are)....then that is killer for that band and those people that attend their shows.

That's all that matter. If someone wants to mention Cro-Mags and As I Lay Dying in the same sentence....I won't think any less of them.

I've got a buddy that grew up at shows in the 80's and '90's punk, hardcore, thrash, death metal scene with me...and he frickin' loves bands like As I Lay Dying. Good for him.

• Members

its not about saying as i lay dying is better/worse, or that a 'hardcore fan' should or shouldnt like them. its just that they are not hardcore at all, but get lumped into that genre all the time. for a more extreme comparison, i like new found glory, but if i called them grindcore i would hope someone would call me a moron. doesnt take anything away from the band.

• Members
its not about saying as i lay dying is better/worse, or that a 'hardcore fan' should or shouldnt like them. its just that they are not hardcore at all, but get lumped into that genre all the time. for a more extreme comparison, i like new found glory, but if i called them grindcore i would hope someone would call me a moron. doesnt take anything away from the band.

Just making that comparison get you a MORON :thu:

• Members

Most of my favorite bands are old school hardcore Gorilla Biscuits, Sick of it All, Minor Threat, AF, Murphy's Law, Black Flag, 7Seconds etc... But I like some new school stuff (post 1990) too like With Honor, Hatebreed, Comeback Kid, Ignite, H2O, Madball and a ton of stuff in between

• Members

Totally.

Old C.O.C

Cro-Mags

Agnostic Front

Crumbsuckers

English Dogs

Nihilistics

Warzone

Murphy's Law

etc, etc..

I {censored}ing grew up on this stuff. I saw Hatebreed at Ozzfest last year. They seem to be the natural evolution of old school hardcore. Great show.

how did i forget warzone?!?!?!?!?

• Members

Excellent point.

• Members

ive been loving old school nyhc like straight ahead and urban waste. and how can you forget, the almighty CARNIVORE!!!!!!.

ive also been loving the crusy {censored} as well, discharge, skit system, wolfpack, disfear, extreme noise terror and nausea (nyc). infest, crossed out, man is the bastard, charles bronson, neanderthal, born against aint {censored}en bad either. hardcore has so many different factions it aint {censored}en funny. i also love the new {censored} that's coming out.

Archived