For those of you who do not support the constitutional right to keep and bear arms:

flaming turd

• Members

and I'm simpling pointing out the two can't be compared. There is a significant difference between,gadgets,toys,instruments and a tool designed for specifically for severe injury and death.

Kage thinks it's the bane of my exsistence to "get one on him" but he just has to open his mouth or type his thoughts and it's already over;) j/k

You still cant see the point that was made and yet you still continue on even after youve been made a fool out of. Do you really need pictures or someone to walk you through it slowly? Please try and keep up

BTW, before you call others stupid, you may want to look up the word bane before you use it Einstein:idea: The only one looking like an idiot by opening their mouths is you, yet more projection....

In reality, I remind him every once in awhile he makes mistakes there is no ego upmanship or histrionics/flaming just a sincere reminder I don't even bother to see if he responds.

Sorry, youve mentioned this before and have yet to catch me wrong at ANYTHING. See Unlike you, I think before I type. In The case that I am mistaken, I gladly admit it as I have never professed to know everything. You dont see If I respond yet here you are....

But today I called him stupid for obvious warranted reasons.

Sorry Corky, Maybe on your home world but here in the real world, you are wrong yet again

I give Kage lattitude since there are so many weak or immature minds here but it would be better if he would step up to the plate when he actually is wrong and be a man.Especially If hes just butting in to a dialogue that didn't include him/wasn't about him and throw his ego around.

LOLOLOLOL!!!! You are funny guy!!! I dont even know where to begin!!! Follow your own advice and find another hobby, youre not even a challenge

Ciao for now:wave: :love:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Since when does being a Gun Enthusiast show a lack of respect for Human Life? It doesnt ,Unless youre a Psycopath...

Im open to anything that makes sense or thats based on sound thinking( something you have yet to demonstrate) And if you said something valid, I would have recognized it. As far as Denial goes, you wallow in it and thus like to project as you did with your not so witty rebuttal, you couldnt be anymore transparent...

Im not sure what you mean by the harmless part but then again, Im not sure you do either;)

kage, just FYI, every post you've made i whole heartedly agree with...and im gonna take a wild guess and say that you're a conservative...good to see someone with their head on straight :thu:

• Members

Sorry Corky, Maybe on your home world but here in the real world, you are wrong yet again

Hey, don't mean to jump in the middle of your cyber lashing but what show was the Corky character on? I remember liking the sister. Cheers, Lucius:D

• Members

kage, just FYI, every post you've made i whole heartedly agree with...and im gonna take a wild guess and say that you're a conservative...good to see someone with their head on straight
:thu:

You know whats funny, I have been making the same points that Kage has and people consider me the biggest pinko liberal in the world.

For example:

Fact: GW is the missing link. Ironically proving evolution.

See? :thu:

• Members

kage, just FYI, every post you've made i whole heartedly agree with...and im gonna take a wild guess and say that you're a conservative...good to see someone with their head on straight
:thu:

Thanks Z but to be honest , I dont really classify myself as a conservative. I tend to vote that way but Im really in the middle with a VERY slight lean to the right, I actually embrace many liberal ideals and Hate the far left and far right with equal aplomb.

Some things are just cut and dry. Guns, like many things have a very dangerous potential and need to monitored accordingly. On their own, they really pose no threat UNTIL they get into the wrong hands. You could say the same thing about cars, prescription drugs, Knives, pit bulls and whole bunch of other things... Its not a hard concept to grasp( well for some as evidenced here)

• Members

From the other gun thread.

Guns are made JUST FOR KILLING ok.

Just think about for minute.

• Members

im middle of the road too, but i tend to lean to the right on most all issues...except a few...but your points are right on the money and just wanted to show i agree with everything...
:)

Thanks Bryan:thu: Though I think that is an Issue that isnt really a matter of Liberal or conservative. I believe that most people, regardless of Political leanings, are in favor of Responsible gun ownership and Stiff, enforcable and practical gun laws IMO.

Thanks again

Kage

• Members

From the other gun thread.

Really? I thought they were made to protect yourself against being killed. Im so confused. :freak:

• Members

This is a perfect example of what I have been saying, that gun laws don't need to be changed, they need to be enforced - what needs to change is the cowboy aspect of gun culture. You like to shoot recreationally, or hunt? More power to ya. You like the collector aspect? Totally cool.

But "bite me"? "You'll have my guns when you pry them from my cold, dead hands" and that {censored}? A bunch of macho losers who feel the need to bolster their low self esteem with the power they feel with a gun in their hand is exactly who we DON'T want having guns.

"They are for home protection"? Thieves, as I understand the concept, try to enter when you are NOT at home. Then they steal your guns. If you come home while they are there, they then shoot you with your own guns. Some protection scheme. In the meantime, the risk to you and everyone around you goes up. No one has ever been killed by a home security system, and guns don't protect your house when you're not there.

"This {censored} wouldn't happen if we all carried guns"? Yeah, because any time anyone got pissed they'd start shooting. Any time anyone reached into their pockets for a cell phone, they'd get blasted. Sure, 30 people could have been saved by an intrepid gun carrying student... is it worth the hundred that would have been killed over the course of the year by drunken frat boys?

A bunch of kids with toys, that what it seems the vocal element of gun supporters are, without any real concept of the responsibility of gun ownership. They just don't want the grownups to take away their fun, regardless of who it hurts.

The vast majority of gun owners who never get into trouble, keep their guns locked in a safe or at the range, who respect their responsibility, and who don't mythologize their tools in some Wild West Clint Eastwood fantasy shouldn't have to pay for the immature low-jinx of goat{censored}ing morons who think it's cool to post their assault weapons on teh intarwebs for attention.

Well said.

• Members

Since when does being a Gun Enthusiast show a lack of respect for Human Life? It doesnt ,Unless youre a Psycopath...

Im open to anything that makes sense or thats based on sound thinking( something you have yet to demonstrate) And if you said something valid, I would have recognized it. As far as Denial goes, you wallow in it and thus like to project as you did with your not so witty rebuttal, you couldnt be anymore transparent...

Im not sure what you mean by the harmless part but then again, Im not sure you do either;)

Not denying anything, simply I'm not trying to win an argument:)

Again, you demonstrate a insincere,convienient attitude.This is not sound thinking.You're still making the same choice over again.

It's okay Kage, just call me a loser again and put me on your ignore list.

• Members

I don't think it's all that clear at all, as you've provided a bunch of quotes but no historical context, and my point was all about context. Besides, that hardly represents a full sampling of the founding fathers' opinions:

"To suppose arms in the hands of citizens, to be used at individual discretion, except in private self-defense, or by partial orders of towns, countries or districts of a state, is to demolish every constitution, and lay the laws prostrate, so that liberty can be enjoyed by no man; it is a dissolution of the government. The fundamental law of the militia is, that it be created, directed and commanded by the laws, and ever for the support of the laws."

--John Adams, A Defence of the Constitutions of the United States 475 (1787-1788)

I've objectively weighed the evidence provided by each side, and...

you lose. Your lone quote is obliterated by the many previous quotes.

And your own quote says "except in private self-defense..."

So right there your argument is DOOMED. John is telling us to have weapons for self-defense. There is NO mention of WHAt you should plan on defnsing yourself against.

But the "the government" has been clearly mentioned. And have you seen "the government's" weapons lately?

With all DUE respect...you are wrong. This thread proves it, with the exception of a couple douches that posted repeatedly.

• Members

Okay, I will. Here is what the people who wrote the Constitution meant:

... (deleted to save a little space)

Seems pretty clear and unambiguous to me.

Actually it's not quite that simple. You gave one side of the story and only quoted anti-federalists (how convenient of you). Draylec was giving the other side.

From wikipedia (bold emphasis added by me)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution#Origin_of_the_Second_Amendment

Leading Federalist James Madison wrote:

Let a regular army, fully equal to the resources of the country, be formed; and let it be entirely at the devotion of the federal government; still it would not be going too far to say, that the State governments, with the people on their side, would be able to repel the danger. The highest number to which, according to the best computation, a standing army can be carried in any country, does not exceed one hundredth of the whole number of souls; or one twenty-fifth part of the number able to bear arms. This proportion would not yield, in the United States, an army of more than twenty-five or thirty thousand men.
To these would be opposed a militia
amounting to near half a million of citizens with arms in their hands,
officered by men chosen from among themselves, fighting for their common liberties, and united and conducted by governments
possessing their affections and confidence. It may well be doubted, whether a militia thus circumstanced could ever be conquered by such a proportion of regular troops.[7]

The founding fathers were divided on ratification of the constitution. The Bill of Rights was a compromise to get the constitution ratified.

The federalists believed in a central army to protect the nation, and kept in check by state run and organized militia, while the anit-federalists were sceptical of a strong central government.

The wording of the 2nd amendment referring to the organized militia was there for the federalists. The ambiguity was the compromise to satisfy both sides.

• Members

This is a perfect example of what I have been saying, that gun laws don't need to be changed, they need to be enforced - what needs to change is the cowboy aspect of gun culture. You like to shoot recreationally, or hunt? More power to ya. You like the collector aspect? Totally cool.

But "bite me"? "You'll have my guns when you pry them from my cold, dead hands" and that {censored}? A bunch of macho losers who feel the need to bolster their low self esteem with the power they feel with a gun in their hand is exactly who we DON'T want having guns.

"They are for home protection"? Thieves, as I understand the concept, try to enter when you are NOT at home. Then they steal your guns. If you come home while they are there, they then shoot you with your own guns. Some protection scheme. In the meantime, the risk to you and everyone around you goes up. No one has ever been killed by a home security system, and guns don't protect your house when you're not there.

"This {censored} wouldn't happen if we all carried guns"? Yeah, because any time anyone got pissed they'd start shooting. Any time anyone reached into their pockets for a cell phone, they'd get blasted. Sure, 30 people could have been saved by an intrepid gun carrying student... is it worth the hundred that would have been killed over the course of the year by drunken frat boys?

A bunch of kids with toys, that what it seems the vocal element of gun supporters are, without any real concept of the responsibility of gun ownership. They just don't want the grownups to take away their fun, regardless of who it hurts.

The vast majority of gun owners who never get into trouble, keep their guns locked in a safe or at the range, who respect their responsibility, and who don't mythologize their tools in some Wild West Clint Eastwood fantasy shouldn't have to pay for the immature low-jinx of goat{censored}ing morons who think it's cool to post their assault weapons on teh intarwebs for attention.

:thu::idea::thu:

• Members

Actually it's not quite that simple. You gave one side of the story and only quoted anti-federalists (how convenient of you). Draylec was giving the other side.

From wikipedia (bold emphasis added by me)

The founding fathers were divided on ratification of the constitution. The Bill of Rights was a compromise to get the constitution ratified.

The federalists believed in a central army to protect the nation, and kept in check by state run and
organized
militia, while the anit-federalists were sceptical of a strong central government.

The wording of the 2nd amendment referring to the organized militia was there for the federalists. The ambiguity was the compromise to satisfy both sides.

But the quote draelyc posted said:

"except in self defense".

Now, who's gonna tell who what measure of self defense is permissable?

I realize the government has done that to SOME extent. And should saty that way.

Colonial times. I'm sure these weapons are OUR version of the musket.

• Members

The rifles in this thread most likely aren't fully automatic. They're tarted up semi-autos.

Cool -- I'm actually glad to know that. :thu: Since I didn't know for sure, I deliberately didn't call out the OP for showing off any full-auto weapons, but rather expressed my more general sentiment...

Archived