For those of you who do not support the constitutional right to keep and bear arms:

flaming turd

• Members
This is not meant as a shot, pardon the pun, but an armchair psychologist like myself can make those deductions. To feel cooler? Exactly. People buy a vast array of things to "feel cooler". Hell, half of the stuff out there is marketed to you with that in mind. My problem is more with blanket statements which equate guns as you described above with psychos. While it may statistically be the case that the two things are related, it still obviously doesnt hold in every case.

Ill admit, that the desire to shoot a really cool looking gun with bunches of deadly gadgets is one of mans baser desires dealing heavily with territorial control and power. But is there anything wrong with enjoying these things responsibly? No.

for the record, I own no automatic weapons or pointy guitars :thu:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I'll gladly go out for a beer:) I know there are many decent, intelligent american people, I have quite a few american friends. I am just speaking of the general population which I have observed, not as a true representative total.

I think this general egocentricism is mostly because of what people see on TV. If you watch TV in europe, Canada, etc. You are flooded with american, and other foreign programming (canada not so much obviously, we get mostly american, and the oddy {censored}ty french channels). You get exposure to a lot of stuff that way. In the states, you dont really need to go to outside programming, pretty much everything you receive is american programming, and maybe the odd BBC special (and cheesy mexican soap operas). Even now, I have 300 channels... I think 40 of them at best are Canadian, and most of their programming is American lol.... everything else is American channels.

Very fair comments. I'm sure we would enjoy our beers together. :cool:

• Members

There's a law here that says that its legal to shoot a man on a sunday on the top step of the lawhouse, apparently.

Can you imagine if that was a law in the US, there would be thousands of dead bodies every weekend.

"I done shooted him cos it was the law and its my right to own a shootgun"

• Members

I simply don't understand why any other country cares about our gun control laws.

Because we live right above you:)

Being your biggest trade partner and neighbour to the north, a lot of what happens in the USA may also have impact on us.

• Members
lol, im not gonna psychoanalyise you, its just as you read the textbooks you like, automatically apply it to a real-life situation looking at all the small clues. I may be wrong, there might be something Im not informed about, but theres no way you need all the extra stuff on those guns just cos you like to shoot guns, there are accessory rails and stuff on those rifles, its like he's in a stupid swat team
:o

People have all kinds of hobbies Bro, Look at the extent that some of the gear whores on this forum go when they dont even play out. Its way too easy to make judgements about things that you dont have much experience with. Some people just love their guns...

I have several guns myself and personally, I hope that I never have to use them against another person but Im damn glad that I have them. I feel no need to carry them on my person and God Forbid, If I have to use them to protect my family, Im hoping that the sound of my shotgun being racked or letting the Intruder know that I have a Glock is enough of a deterrent.

In the awful event that I may actually have to fire at an Intruder, I hope to God that Im given the opportunity to wound rather than Kill and If it comes down to him or me, then Im confident that I can handle that.

• Members

People have all kinds of hobbies Bro, Look at the extent that some of the gear whores on this forum go when they dont even play out. Its way too easy to make judgements about things that you dont have much experience with. Some people just love their guns...

Thanks you.

• Members
You really dont get my point do you? lmao!

What purpose do you have for an extended barrel and a torch on that gun?

I bet its not "For Sport" (Because its a CQB gun, and of course a longer barrel on a CQB gun would serve no purpose)

And I bet its not for "Protection" Cos you need that extra range and accuracy when someones breaking into your house right?

ummm, it is the legal minimum {censored}ing length. :freak: and i could not pass up the deal on the light.
over here gun control proponants demonize shorter barrels. also, do you know what the {censored} a silencer is?

• Members

to all:

hi. my name is bruce. i like guns. my dad likes guns, i guess you could say he passed the love of guns onto me. i did not get my ass kicked as a child (or at any other stage of life, i've only been in one fight). i don't have suppressed anger issues, and i don't own these guns because i'm insecure or have a small penis.

i'm 21, married for 2 years. i'm not some old redneck that sits in my woodshed, reloading, and muttering about an oppressive government, and those damn kids.

i belive in the right to protect myself. that is why i carry a gun every day of my life, i don't get to fortell when something bad is going to happen to me, so i am always prepared. i don't get an attitude because i have a gun, i don't get in fights. no one except my closest friends knows i carry. i also belive in the right to protect myself at home. the ar-15 on the left is my bedside gun, the others are all put up.

i am very saftey concious, i don't even handle my guns unless there is no ammo in the room. i don't point my guns at anyone, ever, and i have no tolerance with others displaying such carelessness.

the points on the constitution have been covered very well, so i won't get into that. but, what i will say is this: one of the main purposes, perhaps the most important part of the 2nd is to protect against a tyrannical government. you don't have to like it, but it's a fact that it is a main point they had in mind.

plus, i just like them, and that's still enough. they are fun, you're damn right they are cool, and my friends and i feel cool shooting them. like i said, bite me.

• Members

I have several guns myself and personally, I hope that I never have to use them against another person but Im damn glad that I have them. I feel no need to carry them on my person and God Forbid, If I have to use them to protect my family, Im hoping that the sound of my shotgun being racked or letting the Intruder know that I have a Glock is enough of a deterrent.

In the awful event that I may actually have to fire at an Intruder, I hope to God that Im given the opportunity to wound rather than Kill and If it comes down to him or me, then Im confident that I can handle that.

Thats the difference for me, properly managed and used for selfdefence.

Whats the OP going to use those for? defending himself against a small army?

• Members

to all:

hi. my name is bruce. i like guns. my dad likes guns, i guess you could say he passed the love of guns onto me. i did not get my ass kicked as a child (or at any other stage of life, i've only been in one fight). i don't have suppressed anger issues, and i don't own these guns because i'm insecure or have a small penis.

i'm 21, married for 2 years. i'm not some old redneck that sits in my woodshed, reloading, and muttering about an oppressive government, and those damn kids.

i belive in the right to protect myself. that is why i carry a gun every day of my life, i don't get to fortell when something bad is going to happen to me, so i am always prepared. i don't get an attitude because i have a gun, i don't get in fights. no one except my closest friends knows i carry. i also belive in the right to protect myself at home. the ar-15 on the left is my bedside gun, the others are all put up.

i am very saftey concious, i don't even handle my guns unless there is no ammo in the room. i don't point my guns at anyone, ever, and i have no tolerance with others displaying such carelessness.

the points on the constitution have been covered very well, so i won't get into that. but, what i will say is this: one of the main purposes, perhaps the most important part of the 2nd is to protect against a tyrannical government. you don't have to like it, but it's a fact that it is a main point they had in mind.

plus, i just like them, and that's still enough. they are fun, you're damn right they are cool, and my friends and i feel cool shooting them. like i said, bite me.

Fair enough, but isn't there a law against unauthorised concealment and possession of a weapon outside your house? (might not be, im not afraid to admit when im wrong)

• Members

to all:

I was wondering if anyone was going to bring that up.

Archived