Why Is Limbaugh on the air and Imus off?

JBecker

• Members

No I don't respect rich drunken crack addicts from connecticut who think their cowboys as well as the savior of america from a non existent mass evil looming on the horizon. I'd add more but you can only fit so much failure in one sentence.

Are you saying the George Bush was a crack addict? You got some proof of this? Honestly, people like you give democrats a bad name.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Are you saying the George Bush was a crack addict? You got some proof of this? Honestly, people like you give democrats a bad name.

Crack is a stretch .. but it's confirmed he's had at least one DUI and has dabbled in the nose candy :p

• Members

I don't understand what you're trying to say. You're going to have to clarify your point if you want me to take you seriously.

There's plenty of racism everywhere (all over the world), but in the United States, it is the worst in the south--it's not just a stereotype. It works both ways too unfortunately.

I quoted you...explained that you were sterotyping people from lousiana as racists by saying "I realize your from Louisiana and all, but thats not comedy" as if being from Lousiana has anything to do with how you repsond to racist comedy.

Your a stuckup asshole who doesn't even live in the South. Stop talking in such absolutes when you know nothing of which you speak.

• Members
Crack is a stretch .. but it's confirmed he's had at least one DUI and has dabbled in the nose candy
:p

I don't think its every been proven he dabbled in the nose candy.

As for the drinking in his younger days...so did every other president.

• Members

Its allllllllllllll political with alot of guys on this board..

How the hell does George Bush fit in this thread? Well with 6 degrees of seperation and some spinning and obvious distain and agenda/bias you can twist and twist and twist and put your political spin on things..:rolleyes:

:freak:

Back to the thread, are we 2 sesnative these days? does it seem like people, groups and organizations walk around and WANT to be or find ways to be insulted? Seems like a possible theory/conclusion 2 me

:idea:

PS - Between trans-fat, smoking, and now lightbulbs, Why are you guys in such a friggin hurry to let the damn govt "dictate to you how 2 live your life"? Seriously? A bunch of lawyers (most politicians are lawyers) have all the answers and know whats best for us? :freak::cry:

Wake the "F" up people, your/we are becoming zombies..

• Members

DUI is different than just drinking to me...

Regarding the Cocaine use, the quote below may not be the absolute truth but it sure would bring up question marks in my book.

"three independent sources close to the Bush family report that Governor Bush was arrested in 1972 for cocaine possession, and taken to Harris County Jail, but avoided jail or formal charges through an informal diversion plan involving community service with Project P.U.L.L., an inner city Houston program for troubled youths at the Martin Luther King Jr. Community Center in Houston's dirt-poor Third Ward."

• Members

I quoted you...explained that you were sterotyping people from lousiana as racists by saying "I realize your from Louisiana and all, but thats not comedy" as if being from Lousiana has anything to do with how you repsond to racist comedy.

Your a stuckup asshole who doesn't even live in the South. Stop talking in such absolutes when you know nothing of which you speak.

Are you going to tell me that I'm wrong? That there aren't a good amount of people in your part of the country that have a greater tolerance for racial humor? If you deny that, then you've had a different experience than I.

Never have said all people from the south are racists--you keep putting those words in my mouth. I'm just saying it happens, and to a greater degree than where I live...again, am I wrong?

• Members

Even if he didn't, he's still a dumbass rich kid who hides behind his fathers money. He does not deserve my respect.

• Members
Even if he didn't, he's still a dumbass rich kid who hides behind his fathers money. He does not deserve my respect.

You talking about John Kerry? Or Ted Kennedy? :o:p

Go back a couple posts and read my post, do u think we are giving away 2 many freedoms/liberties? (both parties - dems/reps) Im curiious what u think?

• Members
You talking about John Kerry? Or Ted Kennedy?
:o:p

Go back a couple posts and read my post, do u think we are giving away 2 many freedoms/liberties? (both parties - dems/reps) Im curiious what u think?

Depends on the issue. I dislike any FCC censorship at all, its not their place to decide what we watch. I'm all for forcing companies to clean up their own pollution, the constitution was meant to protect citizens, not corporations. I'm okay with trans fat bans, I don't see how it could hurt us. So basically I want nearly unrestricted freedom of speech from the government, but I'm okay with them stepping in on health/environmental issues.

• Members

DUI is different than just drinking to me...

Regarding the Cocaine use, the quote below may not be the absolute truth but it sure would bring up question marks in my book.

"three independent sources close to the Bush family report that Governor Bush was arrested in 1972 for cocaine possession, and taken to Harris County Jail, but avoided jail or formal charges through an informal diversion plan involving community service with Project P.U.L.L., an inner city Houston program for troubled youths at the Martin Luther King Jr. Community Center in Houston's dirt-poor Third Ward."

THIRD WARD REPRESENT

• Members

The IMUS fiasco is a joke!!! Nappy headed Ho's??? Big deal!!!

Why is pile of {censored} like howard stern still on the air is what i want to know???

The LOW LIFE DOUCHE said on the AIR not long after the Columbine massacre and I quote...

"I just don't understand why those guys didn't have sex with any of the the good looking girls before they killed them... Chuckle chuckle hahaha..."

IMO - If my daughter was one of the butcherd girls at columbine, after hearing the guy say such disrespectful and disgusting remarks against poor dead and butcherd kids like that I would find him and he would be spending the rest of his life eating his dinner through a straw ala Shawshank...

xgx

• Members

Well, you couldn't be more wrong. I'm a really nice guy and easy to get along with. I just can't imagine why anyone would still tolerate racism in our country anymore...

...that's what this argument is really about--racism. It's not about Rush Limbaugh being a conservative (I could care less). I'm just saying your average "Nascar Steve", who listens to his show, wouldn't give that segment a second thought.

Dude, there will always be racism as long as Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are making money from it. And as long as there's rap... and movies like 'White Chicks', etc...

• Members

There's plenty of racism everywhere (all over the world), but in the United States, it is the worst in the south--it's not just a stereotype. It works both ways too unfortunately.

Are you sure about this statement? I'd imagine racism is probably worse in and around inner cities where minorities make up the poor and criminal populations.

• Members

Are you sure about this statement? I'd imagine racism is probably worse in and around inner cities where minorities make up the poor and criminal populations.

Irony in this statement coming from the South...

Well, the truth is, up North there is greater segregation but also greater tolerance. We have a lot of de facto segregation up North because laws up here were less strict about integration and de facto segregation is a natural occurrence amongst any large minority population. However, on the whole, there are less blatant racists while there exists (sometimes) greater inequalities. The inequalities here have a lot to do with issues that don't have as much to do with racism and more to do with socioeconomics that exists for various reasons, and so while there isn't as much of a, "White people are keeping me down!" attitude and far less white people saying, "Good, I'm glad we're keeping you down," it's more like, "We're in a {censored}ty situation in a {censored} place and having a hard time getting out because of these societal problems," and white people saying, "That sucks, I'd like to alleviate that but I don't know how to do so on the macro."

Hence, the generally liberal nature (the, "We'd like to help you, but suck at it" part), despite sometimes greater equality along race lines (not the result of individuals being directly racist, but rather, the way society was built out of a society of slaves, cultural issues, etc).

• Members
You must have a short memory. Did you forget the Donovan McNabb incident? Limbaugh is definitely a racist.

I think Rush has some "race issues" - i dont know for sure if hes a racist (he may, he may not) im no 100% sure

But listen to rush's qoute in the actual context, he said the media was "trying to inflate/pump" McNabb because he was black! - He was wrong because McNabb is actually a good QB period (regardless of color) but his actual statement wasnt as racist imo

I just HATE/DESPISE the double standard and way things are setup in society today! some just make it sound like White people (and those in power )can only be racists/bigots/hatefull etc :rolleyes: --- ANYONE who dislikes someone because of race, gender, etc is a bigot/racist, sure some people have more power than others but a racist can + does come in every shape color.. :freak:

Stop with the double standards, same rules should apply to all people!

• Members

You tell me how calling Barack Obama "Barack the Magic Negro" is either accurate or productive and I'll gladly take back my argument. If Rushman wants to be critical of Obama's platform, voting record, etc, fine, but poking fun at his race is mean spirited and completely unnecessary.

Actually if you bothered to do some research, you'd know it was the liberal LA Times that first gave Obama that title.

Rush only used it in a song parody (and an extremely funny one too)

You probably also believe it was Sean Hannity who said Obama sounded like Osama, when in fact it was the drunken liberal Ted Kennedy who spoke those words on the floor of the Senate.

A closed mind never learns......

• Members

our society is mixed with all different kinds of folks with all different kinds of opinions...if someone wants to spout off publically and demonstrate his/her wisdom or ignorance on a 'hot topic' then let them be judged in the court of public opinion (where their words traffic)....to actually 'fire' one of these 'shock jocks' or social commentators for doing exactly what they are paid for doing is simply pick and choose/political correctness mixed with pedantic hypocrisy.

• Members
our society is mixed with all different kinds of folks with all different kinds of opinions...if someone wants to spout off publically and demonstrate his/her wisdom or ignorance on a 'hot topic' then let them be judged in the court of public opinion (where their words traffic)....to actually 'fire' one of these 'shock jocks' or social commentators for doing exactly what they are paid for doing is simply pick and choose/political correctness mixed with pedantic hypocrisy.

This is the first time I've ever completely agreed with something:thu: :thu::eek: :eek: you said.

• Members
The IMUS fiasco is a joke!!! Nappy headed Ho's??? Big deal!!!

Why is pile of {censored} like howard stern still on the air is what i want to know???

The LOW LIFE DOUCHE said on the AIR not long after the Columbine massacre and I quote...

"I just don't understand why those guys didn't have sex with any of the the good looking girls before they killed them... Chuckle chuckle hahaha..."

IMO - If my daughter was one of the butcherd girls at columbine, after hearing the guy say such disrespectful and disgusting remarks against poor dead and butcherd kids like that I would find him and he would be spending the rest of his life eating his dinner through a straw ala Shawshank...

xgx

Did someone break off your radio's dials? Change the channel, thats what I do when I hear something I don't like :idea:

Archived