Why Is Limbaugh on the air and Imus off?

JBecker

• Members
You tell me how calling Barack Obama "Barack the Magic Negro" is either accurate or productive and I'll gladly take back my argument.

Negro is an acceptable term (you know, like the United Negro College Fund). Nigger, Jungle Bunny, Spearchucker, Spook, Jigaboo, Coon, Spade and similarly degrogatory terms are not acceptable.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Holy {censored}... those guys are really funny, too.

I've never listened to JV and Elvis, but firing a shock jock show for doing shock jock stuff is ridiculous. I do listen to Opie and Anthony though (on XM), who simulcast part of their show on FreeFM before JV&E, I can only hope they get fired and go back to XM full time, commercial FM is a terrible medium for talk radio these days.

• Members

Negro is an acceptable term (you know, like the United Negro College Fund). Nigger, Jungle Bunny, Spearchucker, Spook, Jigaboo, Coon, Spade and similarly degrogatory terms are not acceptable.

Whatever, dude. "Negro" is not a term anyone should use when referring to a United States Senator...

...and I'm glad you're so well versed in derogatory terms for black people. Your mother must be proud.

• Members

Well, I don't listen to his show, but my tax dollars fund the FCC, who regulate "Public" airwaves. Therefore, I can have an interest in this issue in my opinion...

"Barack the Magic Negro" isn't a political argument; it's RACISM. If Limbaugh wants to make a case against his platform, that's fine, but Obama's race has NOTHING with his work as a Senator or ambitions for the executive office.

I could care less about whether or not it's "politcally correct"; it's just bad and vulgar radio.

The "magic negro" label came from a writer for the LA times. Hardly a conservative paper. I do listen to his show. Rush is not a racist. The real racists in the US are on the left. And to answer your initial question, because Imus sucked!

• Members

Negro is a common, acceptable synonym for Black or African American. Its not a racist comment, no matter how hard someone may wanta try to make it into one.

Also, whos going to fire rush? He was smart enough to start his own broadcasting company. He can't be "fired".

• Members

Whatever, dude. "Negro" is not a term anyone should use when referring to a United States Senator...

I'd love to contribute money to the United Negro College Fund, but I am afraid I will be labeled a racist for writing out my check.

• Members

Well, you couldn't be more wrong. I'm a really nice guy and easy to get along with. I just can't imagine why anyone would still tolerate racism in our country anymore...

...that's what this argument is really about--racism. It's not about Rush Limbaugh being a conservative (I could care less). I'm just saying your average "Nascar Steve", who listens to his show, wouldn't give that segment a second thought.

...that's what this argument is really about--racism

I'm just saying your average "
Nascar Steve"
, who listens to his show

You're quite right-racism (and other stereotypes) are pretty sad.

Larry

• Members
Rush didn't make that song, did he? I thought someone else did and he just played it. Like that he didn't tell anyone to make it, he just found it, thought it was funny, and played it on his show.

And I'm pretty sure that he's meaning it in the opposite way, as in he thinks it's ridiculous that people (like Al Sharpton, I can maybe gather from the song, but I wouldn't really know) think that Obama isn't "black enough."

:idea: Exactly. This was in the context of the LA Times writing an article declaring that Obama was not "black enough." To all these liberal morons who think conservatives made race an issue - who is running as a black candidate? What are Obama's other platforms? This hyper-sensitivity towards race has to stop.

• Members

:rolleyes:

wow, good one.
:idea::eek:

I'd like to hear how that assclown thinks his 1st Amendment rights have been abridged.

Oh {censored}, I just noticed it was DeathMonkey - what a {censored}ing hypocritical douchebag. You spout off more than anyone on this forum. Get real, {censored}head.

• Members

I'd like to hear how that assclown thinks his 1st Amendment rights have been abridged.

Oh {censored}, I just noticed it was DeathMonkey - what a {censored}ing hypocritical douchebag. You spout off more than anyone on this forum. Get real, {censored}head.

USA PATRIOT ACTUSA PATRIOT ACT USA PATRIOT ACT USA PATRIOT ACT USA PATRIOT ACT USA PATRIOT ACT USA PATRIOT ACT USA PATRIOT ACT USA PATRIOT ACT USA PATRIOT ACT USA PATRIOT ACT

• Members
So how have you been personally affected? Oh that's right - you haven't.
:wave:

What a joke. Drop the strawman and deal with reality, or get the {censored} out.

I wasn't personally affected by the Viriginia Tech shooting either, but it's still a {censored}ty thing :idea:

• Members
Not me, but a teacher I had a couple years ago was arrested at a peaceful war protest.

Now, assuming this happened:

What was the reason for the arrest? Was it indeed "peaceful"? Which they aren't nowadays.

Furthermore, would this person have been arrested regardless of the Patriot Act? I could have sworn it said nothing about peaceful protest.:thu:

• Members

Why? It's pretty easy actually...

Imus
was
on liberal radio; Limbaugh is on conservative radio...

The people who are going to bitch about that kind of language listen to liberal radio. Conservatives embrace the use of such words apparently...

I wish it were possible to "ammend" the 1st Ammendment, because free speech should only be allowed for those capable of doing something productive with it. Sheesh. What an asshole Rush is...

Such words? Like what? Negro? They are negros.

• Members
Germany? I don't know, though. I heard they won't take anyone who can't spell
:)

You tell me how calling Barack Obama "Barack the Magic Negro" is either accurate or productive and I'll gladly take back my argument. If Rushman wants to be critical of Obama's platform, voting record, etc, fine, but poking fun at his race is mean spirited and completely unnecessary.

LA Times.

• Members

Now, assuming this happened:

What was the reason for the arrest? Was it indeed "peaceful"? Which they aren't nowadays.

Furthermore, would this person have been arrested regardless of the Patriot Act? I could have sworn it said nothing about peaceful protest.
:thu:

Well I doubt it was too violent since the NYPD agreed with him and gave him back the $75 he had to pay.

Archived